Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2019, 05:06 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Just as well.

The Fuji gives you no increase in IQ because it's the same sensor as the 645Z, It's bulky compared to other mirrorless, and it has no PDAF!

So it will focus like a 645Z in Live View.

The Fuji GFX has a slightly higher IQ. It does not depend on the sensor alone but on the overall system performance. The Fuji G-Mount lenses are better. That was one of the reasons why I bought the GFX 50s 2 years ago. Furthermore, the GFX has a different micro lens design which works better in the peripheral areas.

The CDAF is faster than my 645Z in LiveView. Although this is both a CDAF, FUJI seems to use better algorithms.

Greeting Gerd

01-09-2019, 05:21 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I tip my hat to you, Gerd!

I'm an APS-C and FF hobbyist, and have set myself a budget of $1000 over the next 24 months for gear, so what you guys spend is like a different planet for me.

Those G mount lenses are so expensive! I don't doubt the quality, some people wouldn't realize they've been making glass for Hasselblad for years.
01-09-2019, 05:24 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
I can see the appeal of that 23mm lens though!
The 23er is a blast. Unfortunately, my D FA 25mm F4 does not even come close.

The only thing I would have to complain about is the filter thread. To be a little different than a normal 82mm filter thread. Lee e.g. has its own filter ring for the Fuji 23mm. This ring can be turned in very gently. A standard 82mm filter ring from Lee can not be turned in quite as gently. Damage to the thread but are not visible. I do not know why?

Greeting Gerd

---------- Post added 01-09-19 at 05:28 AM ----------

I tip my hat to you, Gerd!

I'm an APS-C and FF hobbyist, and have set myself a budget of $1000 over the next 24 months for gear, so what you guys spend is like a different planet for me.

Those G mount lenses are so expensive! I don't doubt the quality, some people wouldn't realize they've been making glass for Hasselblad for years.
You're right, that's different. I earn money with it.

Greeting Gerd
01-09-2019, 05:47 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Those G mount lenses are so expensive.
Compared to the Pentax 645 lenses, actually not really at all.

Pentaxís current DFA 645 lenses, the 28-45, 35 and 90mm are quite expensive, more so than the Fuji lenses.

I understand your position fully on budgets etc. once you are committed to using 645 then itís not so bad.

If I end up selling the 645z, the difference will be less than $7000 easy.

Like I said though, still not sure about it all as the Fuji workings might not suit me based on a couple of things Iíve read.

Pentax do need to really pull out the stops and get on with it.

01-12-2019, 12:19 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lenses

please just make more DFA lenses asap...........