Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2019, 09:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax 645 FA 75mm 2.8 or D-FA 55mm 2.8

Trying to decide which is better for my shooting style. I do mostly portraits and family group shots and some Landscape
Thank you

02-10-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
Pentaxian

The 55 will suit better for everything you describe, but the 75 might be better for portraits alone, depending on your style, of course.

I have both, and use the 55 far more often, but I don't do portraiture. I have used a 75LS for some flash photography in the dark/near dark. My observation about it is that it is sharper than the regular 75 for some reason, although maybe that is just sample variation. Be advised that those leaf shutters have a lifespan, though. And of course the LS version is manual focus.

I very much like the DFA 55! And it's weatherproof. Much bigger, too, if that is an issue. Excellent performer. How I wish Pentax would re-do the 45 up to the 55's standards!
02-10-2019, 09:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you very much. I will Keep the 55 which I was going to sell. You made my day. Dennis