Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2019, 02:19 AM   #1

card sd for 645D

Hello

which card sd advise for the 645D. Its reading of raw is very long on the lcd screen. A quick map can improve the situation. I think it does not support sdxc II cards

03-10-2019, 02:56 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Specs doesn't say SDXC ll cards but it says this:

Memory card type
SD, SDHC, SDXC with firmware 1.01 and higher, two SD card slots

Found here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/camerareviews/pentax-645d.html

Hope this helps.
03-10-2019, 06:33 AM   #3

Original Poster
thank you but
What is the best card for the 645D
03-10-2019, 09:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by french Quote
thank you but
What is the best card for the 645D
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/645d/faq.html

Check out this website. It is a question and answer portion from Ricoh, scroll down to media storage section. Looks like the card maxes out at a class 6 uhs1 card, although getting a quicker card would have the benefit for loading on to a computer. Hopefully this helps.

03-10-2019, 12:38 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

According to that FAQ the 645D doesn't support SDXC cards but the specs found on this site, says with the latest firmware update it does. And it also mentions, on that site you linked to that a faster than class 6 card can be used.

I would get a Sandisk class 10 UH-1 card in 32GB or SDXC, if newest firmware is installed, at least a 64GB card in the same brand. Sandisk cards are lifetime warranted and I've never had a problem with them.
03-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
According to that FAQ the 645D doesn't support SDXC cards but the specs found on this site, says with the latest firmware update it does. And it also mentions, on that site you linked to that a faster than class 6 card can be used.

I would get a Sandisk class 10 UH-1 card in 32GB or SDXC, if newest firmware is installed, at least a 64GB card in the same brand. Sandisk cards are lifetime warranted and I've never had a problem with them.
thank you
03-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

thank you
You're welcome!
03-10-2019, 02:51 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Hello

which card sd advise for the 645D. Its reading of raw is very long on the lcd screen. A quick map can improve the situation. I think it does not support sdxc II cards
It does support SDXC cards. You won't get any benefit out of the UHS-II cards, but they can certainly be used.

Realistically, anything that supports UHS-I will give you optimal performance, since the 645D isn't that fast at writing data.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: