Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2019, 12:09 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photography Show, NEC Birmingham March 2019

No Ricoh-Pentax stand at the largest photography exhibition in the UK this time!
Expanded stands for Hasselblad, Fuji, Sony, and even Panasonic, plus the usual mammoth stands for Nikon and Canon.
Is it the same situation in the USA, and other countries?.....Japan?
Ricoh-Pentax reducing marketing budgets?... or spending their money differently?
Cheers, Ian

03-21-2019, 12:58 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BostonUKshooter Quote
No Ricoh-Pentax stand at the largest photography exhibition in the UK this time!
Expanded stands for Hasselblad, Fuji, Sony, and even Panasonic, plus the usual mammoth stands for Nikon and Canon.
Is it the same situation in the USA, and other countries?.....Japan?
Ricoh-Pentax reducing marketing budgets?... or spending their money differently?
Cheers, Ian
All corporations do cost benefit analysis - they will figure that as a UK Pentax buyer, you're better off not paying extra on your gear for the dubious results of this on other people. Remember, we pay for all marketing and promotion.

Note that exhibitions as a whole are questionable for the industry - Photokina has been postponed to next year, apparently.
03-21-2019, 03:13 AM   #3
Forum Member

They come every year in the french exhibition in november. We'll see if they participate this year again.
03-21-2019, 06:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think Adobe were there either. I was planning to go but with no Pentax and Adobe (I had some technical questions I wanted to ask them) and Zenfolio (my hosting co) and other suppliers I use, the exhibitor list looked rather weak to me. Also, the list, showed charities, clothes retailers and coffee booths - much like the average high street.

Add to this that there were reports that the exhibitors were heavily pushing mirrorless (what's that ? ;-) ), video and drones, I thought I'd waste my free ticket and take my camera out for a walk instead. Maybe, because where the show seems to be moving, Pentax may have thought they would wisely save their cash.