Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
05-05-2019, 05:57 PM - 6 Likes   #1

Pentax 645Z for travel :)

Uploaded on my youtube channel - I take the Pentax 645Z to my recent trip to Japan, I visited Ricoh Imaging Square in Shinjuku to have it serviced. I was very impressed by their service and price, they were able to clean the 645Z, Pentax 55mm 2.8, and 150mm 2.8 lens. They only charged me to clean the lenses and cleaning and servicing of the 645Z was free! They did tell me that the 645Z has some front focusing, so I need to dial it in to -5 for the AF fine tune adjust, I had my friend who was translating for me, but for some reason the screw driven lenses 75mm and 150mm, is tack sharp wide open, only the new 55mm f/2.8 needs to be AF fine tuned. So total price was around $20 of service, then the next day had a photoshoot with a Japanese / Brazilian model, here is the link to the video, and some pics are attached here.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
05-06-2019, 12:34 AM   #2

Superb shots, particularly #2 and #3
05-06-2019, 02:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Great outcome.

On the Ricoh Imaging Square website it says: Repair service is available for Japanese domestic customers only. Was this an issue for you?

I must have walked past that place several times without realising it! Next time.
05-06-2019, 03:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I am staying in Shinjuku later in the week...

05-06-2019, 06:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Great outcome.

On the Ricoh Imaging Square website it says: Repair service is available for Japanese domestic customers only. Was this an issue for you?
I think it refers more to a possible waiting time and home delivery if repair takes longer than necessary.
I had my K10D lens release button replaced years ago.
It was done under warranty and posted back to me, in tokyo, all free of charge.

Several of the staff speak various levels of English.
Particuarly the sales staff.

My experience anyway.
Excellent pace to visit and the galleries are often good.

645Z making a return trip home.
Good photos, BTW.
Will check the video.
05-06-2019, 09:57 AM   #6

Great shots. I have followed your videos as you switched from one camera to the next. I think I subscribed to your channel about 3 years ago.

I know you did a few reviews with the K-1. What made you drop the K-1? The D FA* 50 seems like it may be a really interesting lens to pair with the low light performance of the K-1 and tonality of Pentax RAW files. Although AF is poor compared to modern cameras, I have to imagine that it is at least as good as the 645Z.
05-06-2019, 07:25 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chrism888 Quote
Superb shots, particularly #2 and #3
Thank you! you'll see more in the video!

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Great outcome.

On the Ricoh Imaging Square website, it says: Repair service is available for Japanese domestic customers only. Was this an issue for you?

I must have walked past that place several times without realising it! Next time.
Thank you! Oh interesting, well I was with my friend Tomo who lives in Yokohama so he was doing the talking for me, even took the queue number for the repair counter. I was told if I wanted to calibrate the 55mm 2.8 to the body (645Z) to be perfect, I would have to send it off to the Philippines, and it would take a month, but repair cost would be around $75. I just didnt want to be without the 645Z for a month, plus on the other lenses it was perfect.

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
I am staying in Shinjuku later in the week...
Nice!!

QuoteOriginally posted by mickey Quote
I think it refers more to a possible waiting time and home delivery if repair takes longer than necessary.
I had my K10D lens release button replaced years ago.
It was done under warranty and posted back to me, in tokyo, all free of charge.

Several of the staff speak various levels of English.
Particuarly the sales staff.

My experience anyway.
Excellent pace to visit and the galleries are often good.

645Z making a return trip home.
Good photos, BTW.
Will check the video.
Thank you!!

QuoteOriginally posted by GXAlan Quote
Great shots. I have followed your videos as you switched from one camera to the next. I think I subscribed to your channel about 3 years ago.

I know you did a few reviews with the K-1. What made you drop the K-1? The D FA* 50 seems like it may be a really interesting lens to pair with the low light performance of the K-1 and tonality of Pentax RAW files. Although AF is poor compared to modern cameras, I have to imagine that it is at least as good as the 645Z.
Oh wow cool! yeah K1 autofocus is probably as fast as the 645Z. Actually, the K-1 was never mine, it's my friends, he let me borrow it for a review. I only make a video letting people know when I switch brands, so right now the camera I use the most is the Lumix g9, and for my personal portrait shoots is the 645Z. All the other cameras you see such as the GFX 50R, or the Olympus E-M1 Mark II, or X-T3, etc.. are all my friends here on Guam, they let me borrow their gear to do youtube reviews, but my channel mainly focuses on portraits with the cameras. Thanks for being a long time subscriber