Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-09-2019, 09:33 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jberry Quote
Hello Lauren,

I recently visited Ricoh Imaging Square in mid April in Shinjuku, and did maintenance on my 645Z. I hope they can fix your issue on site, it took about 3 hours for them to do maintenance on my 645Z and 2 lenses. I did make a youtube video about this, I too had a photoshoot the same day! Haha. I also say you should try a different SD card. It has happen to different camera brands were the SD card will actually drain the camera battery over night, or even cause the camera not to shut off. Also make sure to always format your SD cards in the camera, and dont just pull it out of the computer, for example if you do, the 645Z will say corrupted SD card, you gotta formally "eject" it from the menu system on the computer, Good Luck!
Thanks Jberry! All techniques you mentioned were tried, to no avail. Good news is that the folks at Samy's in San Francisco gave me a loaner while they return my poor 645z and get me a new one. Such is the relationship of a pro to a local camera store!

Although I *was* looking forward to making the trek to the Pentax/Ricoh repair center, its one less *less-creative* thing I will have to do before working in Japan.

Thanks to everyone here that sympathized, but I had a lemon...it happens.

Sunday starts this years Japan adventure...enjoy what I did last year...all my footage/work.

05-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Thanks Jberry! All techniques you mentioned were tried, to no avail. Good news is that the folks at Samy's in San Francisco gave me a loaner while they return my poor 645z and get me a new one. Such is the relationship of a pro to a local camera store!

Although I *was* looking forward to making the trek to the Pentax/Ricoh repair center, its one less *less-creative* thing I will have to do before working in Japan.

Thanks to everyone here that sympathized, but I had a lemon...it happens.

Sunday starts this years Japan adventure...enjoy what I did last year...all my footage/work.

Samy's is one of the good'uns for sure. Yes, this is why it pays to have a relationship with your local pro shop. Too bad mine doesn't do Pentax! They were all Canon-Nikon (plus a little Leica) while I was Oly and Sony, then as soon as I moved to Pentax they got hot into Sony! I like 'em anyway.
05-11-2019, 10:38 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
How did you get the job? Was it related to your motorcycle experience, or was that just a coincidence?
05-12-2019, 05:41 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
How did you get the job? Was it related to your motorcycle experience, or was that just a coincidence?
Its just a small portion of my responsibilities as a multimedia architect. One of these days I will probably do a talk about how to go from being a hobbyist, to an entire career in media.

Nothing I do professionally is a coincidence, and listening to talking "pros" on the web will only get you so far...but then I would be a talking "pro" on the web too!

L.