Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-26-2019, 04:49 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
Commercially-made pinhole cameras, such as those by ZeroImage in Hong Kong, use precise laser drilling (0.07mm) and controlled ablation to smooth the edges. A terrace baffle is then placed around the front to reduce (but never quite eliminate) off-axis flare. Home made pinholes can be fashioned very simply with a pin and people will not give a damn about the aberrations, flare and whatnot. The important thing to remember is that each and every pinhole can have its own characteristics: some people fashion (or search out) pinholes to exaggerate flare, others to give as much edge definition as possible (ZeroImage) and still others just don't care because they're doing it for the fun of it e.g. for World Pinhole Photography Day (I missed this year as where I am I do not have access to a scanner or film processing here).

Leonardo de Vinci made imaginative use of a pinhole to trace the movement of the Sun through the Tower of Winds as he planned the layout of his frescoes.
Thanks!

09-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #17
drm

QuoteOriginally posted by destroya Quote
Eric does not work on the 67ii. IN fact not many do work on it. to much electronics.
Eric does at least some work on 67ii. He has repaired mine in the past and I just got a quote back from him for a repair on a different 67ii.
09-20-2019, 06:04 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You could try Advance Camera in Portland.

Last edited by 17dew; 09-22-2019 at 03:03 PM.
10-31-2019, 02:27 AM - 2 Likes   #19

I know Pentax Ricoh Japan service center still repairs pentax 67ii because I just have mine fixed 2 month ago.
The E-mail Address to send is pentax.gs@ricoh-imaging.co.jp. You can send them the pics and describe the problem, and they may give you a quotation. They may need you to send the camera to them for detail examination. They will start repairing you camera after you transfer the money.
But I'm not sure if they do this kind of service outside Asia, but worth a try.

11-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
You can try NSB - Tekunos in Japan. Run by 5 retired Pentax engineers they work on vintage lenses and cameras. Sounds like they bought out a lot of the vintage repair, test and manufacturing equipment and parts inventory.

?????????????????NSB?????

Lens Repair Co. run by Retired Pentax Engineers - PentaxForums.com

Another member had his MZ-1 repaired by them (from Singapore as I recall but could be wrong). They do take repairs from outside of Japan.
I concur. Tekunos is very good for vintage gear, and price is reasonnable
11-21-2019, 11:33 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Back when I owned a 67II and had a film transport issue, I sent it to KEH for a reasonably inexpensive repair. They still repair, although it might be worth several minutes to call or email -- For questions contact us at repair@keh.com or 770-333-4200.

I also would recommend contacting Bill Moretz About Bill Moretz ? ProCamera who is a repair legend and very nice fellow.

QuoteOriginally posted by destroya Quote
so now what. the repair place that has the best rep for fixing 67ii, a lot wont work on them, and the place that has always fixed my cameras, has had my 67ii for over 4 months now. they emailed last night saying they cant fix it now because they can not find the required parts. hmmm, that sucks

what to do now? look for a parts camera to use as to transplant parts from? haven't found 1 under 1,000. while the camera still works, only at speeds faster than 1/60, keep it and use it for limited shoots. I'm at a loss

the parts are for the film transport and the mirror mechanism. really bummed as it was my backpacking landscape camera. They have been looking for over 2 months for the parts and have had no luck.

thoughts?