Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2019, 04:31 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Leumas's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 443
QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Problem is always going to be that Pentax doesn't make sensors, so they have to purchase from someone else. If Pentax wants something very unique/against the grain, then they'll have to pay more to develop it.

Pentax has always offered great image quality at a price that's very competitive, but if they venture too far away then the price will have to go up considerably.

There really should have been a 645 upgrade by now.
Add to the mix that MF is now available cheaply as a mirrorless option, and there are more MF new comers also, so it's now quite a competitive market.
I'm kinda surprised they just let Fuji swoop in uncontested. I thought MF was a good money maker for Pentax but could have been wrong. Expected a little more fight

10-24-2019, 05:44 PM   #92
Forum Member




Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 59
QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
There really should have been a 645 upgrade by now.

My guess is that we won't see a thing from Pentax even after there is GFX-50SII.
10-24-2019, 06:46 PM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 191
QuoteOriginally posted by Leumas Quote
Am I the only one that is waiting for a digital 6x7? haha
I've often wondered about this too.

I don't have any MF cameras, but would love to own one. I have been eyeing off used 645z bodies as they come up from time to time, but need to put some more pocket money aside!

Regarding the topic of this thread, I was under the impression that the 645z was still a heavy hitter in the world of digital photography.
10-25-2019, 02:57 AM - 1 Like   #94
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Paris area
Posts: 121
QuoteOriginally posted by Foamberg Quote
fact is: pentax 645 has a perfect opportunity - recent high megapixel cameras (sony a7riv, panasonic sr1, fuji hfx100, hasselblad x1dii etc...!) have a terrible pixel pitch - large sensors with small pixel!!! the result is a terrible diffraction, really bad for landscape and architectural photography!!! pentax should use a fullframe mf sensor, not more than 50mp but with large pixels! a lot of people are waiting for such a camera...! ;-)
You mean the new version of the Hasselblad X1D, which still uses the same sensor as the 1st version, and so the same sensor as the Pentax 645Z ? So our beloved 645Z has a terrible pixel pitch ?

10-25-2019, 09:03 AM   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Leumas's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 443
Yeah the Z is definitely not bad for pixel pitch. Diffraction is a thing, so if you really want to maximize resolution for any given size of sensor you need.......FOVEON BABY! A Foveon MF camera.....oh god.
10-25-2019, 09:38 AM   #96
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,258
QuoteOriginally posted by DamienW Quote
Regarding the topic of this thread, I was under the impression that the 645z was still a heavy hitter in the world of digital photography.
That's my opinion, all things considered---especially price.
10-28-2019, 01:30 AM - 1 Like   #97
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Paris area
Posts: 121
If you consider the whole system (meaning lenses...), then yes, Pentax is a solid option. The new mirorless generation doesn't have many cheap lenses options, and they are always to be used with adapters of fluctuating quality. If you go with Pentax, the legacy glass is native and affordable with 645, or with a simple adapter from Pentax for 67 lenses. I would say the major missing offer is T/S, which you can get for Fuji and Hasselblad with Canon or Nikon TS lenses (or other Hasselblad solutions).
10-28-2019, 10:06 AM   #98
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,258
QuoteOriginally posted by SylvainB Quote
I would say the major missing offer is T/S, which you can get for Fuji and Hasselblad with Canon or Nikon TS lenses (or other Hasselblad solutions).
Yes, although I have a shift lens for my Z. There are some options if you look hard.

10-29-2019, 02:54 AM   #99
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Paris area
Posts: 121
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Yes, although I have a shift lens for my Z. There are some options if you look hard.
You are right, at least with Hartblei, Pentax 6x7 and Mamiya (I think ?). But not really wide angle... and not the most modern lenses. But it does exist, yes.
11-05-2019, 03:48 AM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
sculptormic's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 396
QuoteOriginally posted by SylvainB Quote
You are right, at least with Hartblei, Pentax 6x7 and Mamiya (I think ?). But not really wide angle... and not the most modern lenses. But it does exist, yes.
The converted to Hassy mount Mamiya 50/4 shift is pretty good. I like the color rendering a lot and sharpness is good enough if you focus carefully.
I would of course have something wider though.




Last edited by sculptormic; 11-05-2019 at 04:43 AM.
11-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #101
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 11
use all my 645/67 lenses with a cambo actus b for tilt/shift! not hard to use and better than every canon ts-e lens!!! ;-)
11-05-2019, 11:02 AM   #102
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,258
QuoteOriginally posted by Foamberg Quote
use all my 645/67 lenses with a cambo actus b for tilt/shift! not hard to use and better than every canon ts-e lens!!! ;-)
So....it wasn't clear to me last time I looked if Cambo Actus now had plates for Pentax. I seem to recall they had them for the K1, but not the 645...
11-05-2019, 06:07 PM   #103
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 11
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
So....it wasn't clear to me last time I looked if Cambo Actus now had plates for Pentax. I seem to recall they had them for the K1, but not the 645...
you are correct! (i use a used sony a 7rii as a digital back!) but on the other hand i use my pentax 645z with a 67 45 via a zörk shift solution! (but they are single-items!)
11-06-2019, 01:19 AM   #104
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Paris area
Posts: 121
QuoteOriginally posted by sculptormic Quote
The converted to Hassy mount Mamiya 50/4 shift is pretty good. I like the color rendering a lot and sharpness is good enough if you focus carefully.
I would of course have something wider though.


Nice pictures, Michiel (as always) !
I just saw you published a book on côte d'Opale and côte d'Albâtre, it is very tempting
11-06-2019, 10:54 AM   #105
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,258
QuoteOriginally posted by Foamberg Quote
you are correct! (i use a used sony a 7rii as a digital back!) but on the other hand i use my pentax 645z with a 67 45 via a zörk shift solution! (but they are single-items!)
Yeah, I have a Hartblei 45 shift for my Z. I think it's a Pentacon lens....
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, camera, changer, da, format, game, hasselblad, medium, medium format, pentax, position, sensor, support
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will next tamron 24-70 G2 come as a Pentax FA* lens Belnan Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 69 11-20-2017 01:30 PM
Nature next day will come olegp Post Your Photos! 3 11-29-2014 10:44 PM
The next K-Mount lenses to come out this year... ? beholder3 Photographic Industry and Professionals 55 01-31-2012 02:21 PM
Travel Come with us Next to Last slowpez Post Your Photos! 6 02-26-2011 08:10 AM
Next Next Pentax. Now MJB DIGITAL Photographic Technique 16 02-12-2008 07:00 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top