Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2019, 08:49 AM   #106
Veteran Member

I ve read maybe on PF that it is likely K-new will come first and then K70 replacement. Then possibly new 645 before the K1 III.
I assume Ricoh would like to renew some 645 lenses but does not have bandwidth for that at the moment with APSC and FF ones keep development team busy.

11-08-2019, 08:38 AM   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Yeah, I have a Hartblei 45 shift for my Z. I think it's a Pentacon lens....

No, it’s an Arsenal lens, made in Kiev—the glass comes from the Arsat 45/3.5, aka the Mir 26.

And that is the joy and the pain of it. Not sharp, but loved by users back in the day for its color rendering.

Rick “who has several” Denney
11-08-2019, 05:07 PM   #108
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rdenney Quote
No, it’s an Arsenal lens, made in Kiev—the glass comes from the Arsat 45/3.5, aka the Mir 26.

And that is the joy and the pain of it. Not sharp, but loved by users back in the day for its color rendering.

Rick “who has several” Denney
Thank you!
11-14-2019, 07:59 AM   #109

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
I ve read maybe on PF that it is likely K-new will come first and then K70 replacement. Then possibly new 645 before the K1 III.
I assume Ricoh would like to renew some 645 lenses but does not have bandwidth for that at the moment with APSC and FF ones keep development team busy.
since i bought a cambo actus for mirrorless to use my 645/67 lenses i give a shit about if pentax/ricoh will stay alive or will die! no need to buy into another system than my sony alpha! considering fuji...but in real the only interesting mf-system would be a phase one xt...but this makes really no sense for me! ;-)

11-14-2019, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #110
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Foamberg Quote
since i bought a cambo actus for mirrorless to use my 645/67 lenses i give a shit about if pentax/ricoh will stay alive or will die! no need to buy into another system than my sony alpha! considering fuji...but in real the only interesting mf-system would be a phase one xt...but this makes really no sense for me! ;-)
This sounds selfish but it is your choice...
There is imo more value in keeping Pentax alive than in feeding Sony.
11-15-2019, 04:24 AM   #111

to tell you the truth - selfish is to buy and buy and buy...! (and not to realize that children in afrika sorting our garbage!!!)
11-15-2019, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #112
Veteran Member

You say that, but............

Most people on this forum for the 645 system have never purchased anything new in their 645 kit, only used and they are typically the most vocal ones about supporting Pentax. However they have never actually contributed a single cent to Pentaxs’ bottom line by purchasing an entire value 645 kit used.

11-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #113
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 2351HD Quote

Most people on this forum for the 645 system have never purchased anything new in their 645 kit, only used and they are typically the most vocal ones about supporting Pentax. However they have never actually contributed a single cent to Pentaxs’ bottom line by purchasing an entire value 645 kit used.
Probably true and would be an interesting poll.

Personally, I bought my first 645 and three primes all new. My 645N and about five AF 645 lenses were all purchased new from a dear friend that then gifted them to me. Unless there is a huge price difference between new and used, I'd rather spend more for peace of mind and the warranty.
11-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #114
Veteran Member

You cant blame people for not cashing out 20k for a full 645 set... Buying second hand is also supporting in an indirect way, primary seller possibly buying new Pentax gear.
11-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #115
Veteran Member

You cant blame people for not cashing out 20k for a full 645 set... Buying second hand is also supporting in an indirect way, primary seller possibly buying new Pentax gear.
You’ll find pretty much most Pentax MF sales are those leaving the system, especially over the last 3 years.

You can’t say that somebody purchasing a used 645D and a bunch of used FA lenses is somehow doing anything for the brand.

I am not blaming anybody for not purchasing new, I’m just saying that if somebody does purchase their whole system used, then they might want to re-think whether their opinion actually has weight. There are plenty of people out there with money like Foamberg who if Pentax had the goods they would re-invest in new gear. Same goes for all the money being dropped on Fuji MF systems, if the product is good then people will invest.

The reality here which is the whole topic of this forum thread is that Pentax has literally done nothing with the system for 5 years, yes 5 whole years.
11-15-2019, 07:52 PM - 1 Like   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My 645z and 645nII were both bought new, as was my FA 45-85 and my three flash units and various other accessories.

I didn’t buy my 28-45 new—I let you do that

But Pentax could operate a refurbishment and certified pre-owned program that, with reasonable prices, could help capture secondary-market profits.

Rick “who buys new when it makes sense, but who would pay a premium to buy used from Pentax” Denney
11-15-2019, 08:38 PM - 1 Like   #117
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rdenney Quote
But Pentax could operate a refurbishment and certified pre-owned program that, with reasonable prices, could help capture secondary-market profits.

Rick “who buys new when it makes sense, but who would pay a premium to buy used from Pentax” Denney
And that is a dynamite idea, and it's in the same vein as what they did with the K1 to K1mkII upgrade. I, too, would pay a premium for Pentax certified refurbs/reconditions. Pentax could really do something interesting here.

As to other comments above, I bought my bodies new, 645Z when it first came out, not discounted as it is now, and the K1 when it first came out, and then did the upgrade. Plus the 540 FGZII, the 28-105, the 100 macro, the 50 macro, and the 645 55. It's true that most of my lenses I've had to buy used (and I had a couple from 645N days), but I would have purchased them new if I'd had deeper pockets.

Last edited by texandrews; 11-15-2019 at 08:47 PM.
11-16-2019, 03:12 AM - 1 Like   #118
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Used sales affect the cost of ownership, and hence the value proposition for those who are most likely to buy expensive photographic gear -- professionals. Used values may also influence hobbyists sufficiently well-heeled to buy new. Hence, I would assert that used sales are economically valuable to Pentax. Would Audi sales increase if the model trade-in values were somehow forced to zero and all used vehicles were crushed? I suspect not.
02-20-2020, 03:58 AM   #119
Pentaxian

Perhaps the next iteration might use this sensor - 64mp

Don't worry guys, the Leica S3 will ONLY cost ?18,600! | Digital Camera World
02-20-2020, 02:51 PM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Perhaps the next iteration might use this sensor - 64mp

Don't worry guys, the Leica S3 will ONLY cost ?18,600! | Digital Camera World

Hopefully not.

It's not FF 645, and its crap 3:2 ratio. This would be a downgrade.