Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2019, 08:16 PM   #1

ImageTransmitter 2..4.1 Problem

Pentax 645Z.
PC Configuration: MSI Predator P65: Intel i7 6 core processor up to 4.2 GHz. 32 Gig RAM, dual video boards - Intel and NVidia Geforce GTX1060 with 6 gig v-RAM, 1 TD solid state drive. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

We installed ImageTransmitter 2 from DVD then updated to 2.4.1.

If we open the software first, then attach the camera and turn it on, the software terminates without warning. If I attach the camera, then launch the software, nothing happens. The software appears to load but never does. I have the most recent firmware installed on the 645Z, 1.30.

This works on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with 8 gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.

---------- Post added 07-08-19 at 08:31 PM ----------

1. The computer sees the camera and I can copy files to and from the camera.
2. If I open the software first, the camera shows PCP in the top LCD and the LCD on the back goes dark.
3. I've tried all the USB ports - I have 3 USB 3 ports and a USB-c. No better using any other the other USB ports.

07-08-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder if there's any other software on the computer that's taking control of the camera and preventing IT2 from connecting. This might be the case if the default action taken when the camera is plugged in is something other than viewing the files in explorer (or doing nothing).

One relatively easy way to test the former theory would be to use my program in USB mode and see if it will connect:
Releases PentaxForums/PentaxWifi GitHub

If it can't connect, then I'd say it's likely that some other software is interfering with the connection. It could also be a USB driver issue.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-09-2019, 09:18 AM   #3
Pentaxian

marking thread

want to keep track
07-09-2019, 07:09 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I wonder if there's any other software on the computer that's taking control of the camera and preventing IT2 from connecting. This might be the case if the default action taken when the camera is plugged in is something other than viewing the files in explorer (or doing nothing).

One relatively easy way to test the former theory would be to use my program in USB mode and see if it will connect:
Releases PentaxForums/PentaxWifi GitHub

If it can't connect, then I'd say it's likely that some other software is interfering with the connection. It could also be a USB driver issue.
Adam

Thanks. I downloaded it. Several questions:

1. Will this support WiFi from the 645Z natively - I don't recall if the 645Z has built in WiFi.
2. I have the Visual C++ 2017 redistributable?
3. Obviously, I run the .BAT file. Do I attach the camera first? Is there a UI launched when I run the .BAT?

The only substantial differences between the two computers, the Surface Pro and the P65, is (a) speed - the P65 is faster, (b) the P65 has two video boards. Other than that, all the software is identical except for the NVidia control center and Dragon, a system monitoring app from MSI.

07-09-2019, 07:15 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nyghtfalcon Quote
1. Will this support WiFi from the 645Z natively - I don't recall if the 645Z has built in WiFi.
The 645Z has no wifi, so the program can only be used in USB mode.

I don't think you need visual c++ since the program that talks with the camera is already a binary. However, you do need java 8 to get the UI.

And yes, you should connect the camera first. The UI will appear once the connection is established. If there's a problem, you should see an error message.

I've successfully tethered with a GS60 laptop with a similar configuration to yours, so I don't think the hardware itself would be a problem.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks. I will install Java 8 and give it a try.
I did some research into what is going on and found these errors in the event viewer:

Event Viewer Errors:

Faulting application name: IMAGETransmitter2.exe, version: 2.4.1.0, time stamp: 0x5bab1d6c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.145, time stamp: 0xf5733ace
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x001133d2
Faulting process id: 0x3484
Faulting application start time: 0x01d536065f19cbca
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PENTAX\IMAGE Transmitter 2\IMAGETransmitter2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 005a810a-648a-484d-bd2e-f07641016a9c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: IMAGETransmitter2.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(System.String, System.String, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create()
at RemoteAssistant.MainWindow.SelectSubFolder(System.String, Boolean, Byte, System.String, Byte)
at RemoteAssistant.MainWindow.ConnectDevice(Boolean)
at RemoteAssistant.MainWindow.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
07-29-2019, 07:40 AM   #7

Original Poster
Adam

Thank you. Your tethering program works fine. In fact, every bit as good as the Pentax software. Do you want suggestions?

As far as this problem, I finally found a human in Canada who passed this problem on to Japan. It seems that without .NET 4.5 or higher, this application will not run. Except, I have version 4.8 installed. No word back yet.