Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2019, 01:31 AM   #1

Pentax 67 Synch Cord for Flash

Hello all,

I know there are some threads about this topic but I am getting confused reading all the various information.
I have a Pentax 67 (no leaf shutter lens). I would like to buy a pc synch cord so I can use flash.
Can someone please tell me the exact cord I need to buy? Or a link to one?

Thanks in advance.

07-31-2019, 08:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It depends on the flash you want to use with your Pentax 67. (The camera has a flash x-sync (PC) terminal)

If you have a newer Pentax flash (AF500FTZ) with a 5P terminal, then you need the "Pentax Hot-Shoe Adapter LS"

If you are using a Pentax flash (AF400T) with a 4P terminal, then you will need to get the "PENTAX 4P Sync Cord C."

If you are using an older flash then you need a regular flash sync cable with the x-sync (PC) terminal on one end and a 3.5mm mini male connector on the other end.

You will also need the Pentax 6x7/67 wooden grip to hold the flash.

Phil.
07-31-2019, 03:46 PM   #3
Pentaxian

My AF400T came with a special 6x7 bracket to hold the flash and act like a grip so you don't need the wooden grip. And my AF400T also has a regular PC sync terminal so you would only need the most basic male-male PC cord as a minimum.
08-01-2019, 07:46 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
My AF400T came with a special 6x7 bracket to hold the flash and act like a grip so you don't need the wooden grip. And my AF400T also has a regular PC sync terminal so you would only need the most basic male-male PC cord as a minimum.
Yep the AF400T was pretty versatile and you had many flash sync cable options depending on if you were using the LX or 6x7/67, or if you wanted 1M or 5M. (4P sync A/B/C as well as the standard PC sync cable)

I also have the 6x7 bracket with my AF400T, as well as the 4P Sync Cord C that attaches to the AF400T flashes 4P terminal. (I also have the LX bracket but have never used it)

Phil.

08-01-2019, 09:28 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I also have the 6x7 bracket with my AF400T, as well as the 4P Sync Cord C that attaches to the AF400T flashes 4P terminal. (I also have the LX bracket but have never used it)
Phil.
Yeah that's it. I haven't used it in years. I've been thinking about using it with my Crown Graphic. I'll have to make some kind of mounting adapter but it would really help with those handhold people pictures.
08-01-2019, 09:43 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Yeah that's it. I haven't used it in years. I've been thinking about using it with my Crown Graphic. I'll have to make some kind of mounting adapter but it would really help with those handhold people pictures.
The AF400T is a great flash and the 6x7 bracket is getting hard to find. It would look good on your Crown Graphic, the LX bracket may even fit if you have it???

Phil.