Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
10-24-2019, 11:19 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GuyFoto Quote
I have just purchased a 645Z, and I plan to try several raw processors. I shoot Olympus, another minority, ie non Canikony, camera, and I found that DXO PhotoLab, whose sister company tests every camera, and Iridient Developer provide much better RAW development than Adobe, who largely pay attention to servicing the Big Three. I was first alerted to these alternatives when reading blogs from Fuji, Olympus and Panasonic RAW wonks. Halos, fringing, artifacts, noise - all either disappear or are greatly diminished, and the controls are much more sophisticated and less likely to create funky or unintended effects. I will report on my findings once I process a significant number of files.
Look forward to hearing the results. The reason I would like to see Capture One finally accept the 645z isn’t just down to the RAW processing but down to its overall operational and functional offering. But interested to hear how you get the on.

10-27-2019, 05:54 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by GuyFoto Quote
I have just purchased a 645Z, and I plan to try several raw processors. I shoot Olympus, another minority, ie non Canikony, camera, and I found that DXO PhotoLab, whose sister company tests every camera, and Iridient Developer provide much better RAW development than Adobe, who largely pay attention to servicing the Big Three. I was first alerted to these alternatives when reading blogs from Fuji, Olympus and Panasonic RAW wonks. Halos, fringing, artifacts, noise - all either disappear or are greatly diminished, and the controls are much more sophisticated and less likely to create funky or unintended effects. I will report on my findings once I process a significant number of files.
Amen...
10-27-2019, 11:42 PM   #18
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Last Photokina I talked with both Phase One and Pentax about this. My key question was about Pixelshift on K-1. Both said the same, wich s that they are open to work with each other. As follow-up I sent both of them the business card of the responsible other contact person. I don't know whether anything has happened since then.
12-16-2020, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #19

Don't lose any brain power agonizing about Capture One. Simplify your life and go with DxO PhotoLab 4 and get TREMENDOUS results and an easier program to navigate. I LOVE DxO and although Capture One is a great program, DxO is on par and easier to use. And cheaper.

12-16-2020, 06:42 PM   #20
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
Last Photokina I talked with both Phase One and Pentax about this. My key question was about Pixelshift on K-1. Both said the same, wich s that they are open to work with each other. As follow-up I sent both of them the business card of the responsible other contact person. I don't know whether anything has happened since then.
Capture One does not work on images from any brand that use pixel shift.

---------- Post added 12-16-20 at 05:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tar4heel2 Quote
Don't lose any brain power agonizing about Capture One. Simplify your life and go with DxO PhotoLab 4 and get TREMENDOUS results and an easier program to navigate. I LOVE DxO and although Capture One is a great program, DxO is on par and easier to use. And cheaper.
Perhaps you should stay up to date. This thread was nearly two years old, most of the comments have been surpassed by:
Capture One 21 - PentaxForums.com
12-17-2020, 03:46 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
Capture One does not work on images from any brand that use pixel shift.

---------- Post added 12-16-20 at 05:47 PM ----------

Perhaps you should stay up to date. This thread was nearly two years old, most of the comments have been surpassed by:
Capture One 21 - PentaxForums.com
Are you suggesting then that Capture One V21 now works with 645z or are you referring to Pixel shift...? I seem to recall that this thread was aimed at Capture One working with the 645z...
12-17-2020, 04:45 PM   #22
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RMP645Z Quote
Are you suggesting then that Capture One V21 now works with 645z or are you referring to Pixel shift...? I seem to recall that this thread was aimed at Capture One working with the 645z...
Please read the person I quoted with reference to pixel shift, his comment was about the K-1 not the 645z.The 645z does not have pixel shift.

I have been asking for the last two years about support for 645z DNG files. No one has answered so nothing has been gained.

This particular thread was about C1 v12. C1 v20 has the internal number version 13. C1 v21 has the internal number version 14.

01-07-2021, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by tar4heel2 Quote
100% this - and no catalogues either. One PEF or DNG and one side car file.

Sort your own folder structure in IOS or Win10. Easier and better.
01-26-2021, 10:16 AM   #24

There is a dedicated thread in the official capture one forum to make requests about camera support: Camera support (please, submit all requests and suggestions regarding camera models here) ? Capture One

Please post your request for native 645D and 645Z support there, right now its full of Nikon Z7ii requests, we need to change that to be visible as Pentax users!
09-30-2021, 08:26 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Capture One support for Pentax 645z - Finally!!! - PentaxForums.com