Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-28-2019, 12:45 PM   #1

645Z Bulb and remote issue.

I just tried to use the Bulb setting with the remote control for a long exposure shot

One push of remote button fires off the shutter but it only stays open for 0.6 seconds. It seems logical to me that you should have to push the remote button again to close the shutter. What am I doing wrong?

08-28-2019, 01:12 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe there is a custom function that changes this behavior to allow for 2 separate presses.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-28-2019, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I believe there is a custom function that changes this behavior to allow for 2 separate presses.
There is....C1-7 (page R39 in the user guide)
08-28-2019, 02:06 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

QuoteOriginally posted by cromers1 Quote
One push of remote button fires off the shutter but it only stays open for 0.6 seconds. It seems logical to me that you should have to push the remote button again to close the shutter. What am I doing wrong?
Traditionally, shutter action in Bulb mode is to stay open as long as the shutter button is depressed. While this works well with cabled remote shutter releases, there may be problems when used with some IR remote controls. The solution is to set Bulb to act as the traditional "T" setting where one press opens the shutter and a second press closes it. To toggle to "T" behavior...
Menu --> C1 --> 7. Bulb Mode Options --> Type 2
Have fun!

Steve

08-29-2019, 09:07 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies. Adam was right, just had to change the custom function