Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2019, 06:16 PM   #1

HELP!!! 645D Jammed Aperture Stick and Mirror Problem

And the mirror automatically begins to go up and down once I turn on the camera or insert the battery...Even if I'm not touching any button.

Any solution?

Thanks...

09-16-2019, 06:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Doesn't sound good. Can you post a video demonstrating the problem?
What is the shutter count? Do have a spare battery, and if so, does the camera behave the same way with both?
09-16-2019, 06:40 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
What is the shutter count? Do have a spare battery, and if so, does the camera behave the same way with both?
Yeah I'm going to post one.
I found it seems like the mirror flapping problem that used to happen on K-3 before

---------- Post added 09-16-19 at 06:48 PM ----------

I only have one battery
Umm actually I don't quite know how to find out the shutter count

---------- Post added 09-16-19 at 06:59 PM ----------

Here's the video link!
09-16-2019, 07:14 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Richtofen935 Quote
I found it seems like the mirror flapping problem that used to happen on K-3 before
Not quite. That happened once to my K-3 and only pulling the battery could stop it. Fortunately, it never happened again.

QuoteQuote:
I only have one battery
It might be worth getting another if it saves you from a possibly expensive repair. A spare is always worth having anyway

QuoteQuote:
Umm actually I don't quite know how to find out the shutter count
At the top of the Pentax Forums Home Page there is a box in the top menu named "resources"
At the bottom of the drop-down menu you'll see "check shutter count"

09-16-2019, 07:29 PM   #5

Original Poster
Not quite. That happened once to my K-3 and only pulling the battery could stop it. Fortunately, it never happened again.

It might be worth getting another if it saves you from a possibly expensive repair. A spare is always worth having anyway

At the top of the Pentax Forums Home Page there is a box in the top menu named "resources"
Okay thanks
09-16-2019, 10:35 PM   #6

Original Poster

I also found that the shutter won't open, af doesn't show up, and the camera only takes completely black pictures

---------- Post added 09-16-19 at 10:38 PM ----------

Shutter count is 23199
09-16-2019, 10:57 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Send it off to Precision ASAP.

09-27-2019, 06:18 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'd recommend going to Precision's website or calling them first. Last year I received a defective 645Z from an ebay seller and they quoted $895 just to look at it. Luckily I was able to return the camera and get my money back. Hopefully they will not ask as much for working on a 645D.