Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2019, 06:55 PM - 2 Likes   #1

User settings chart

Greetings. I have just purchased my first Pentax Medium Format, a 645Z. I shoot Olympus as my "walking around" kit, but plan to shoot my 645z for landscape, macro, and studio work from now on.

Because of the smaller sensor, Olympus was big on technology - pixel shifting, focus bracketing, 5 axis in body stabilization - with endless menus. Consequently, there were myriad menu settings, and many charts were produced to help sort out all the user settings.

Pentax 645z has three user modes as well, so I created versions of the reference chart with added columns for you to record what settings you assign to U1, U2, and U3. You can just print them out, enter your settings, and have a ready reference. I set the camera to the settings that suit me best for "base" or "walking around" settings, save them to U1, then tweak them for tripod shooting and save to U2, then optimize them for the studio and save them to U3. Other people might save Macro, Astro, or other settings.

They are attached for you to use. I am a newbie, so if anyone wants to share their settings, or especially any tips and tricks, I would be grateful.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Pentax 645 Settings.pdf (556.9 KB, 88 views)
10-12-2019, 07:27 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks very much for this, it's an interesting way to approach this subject. I had set user modes on my K-3 a while back but haven't really tried on my K-1 or 645z. But basically I have a setting to get me into my favorite HDR settings, one for nighttime, and another for action. This chart will help me work these on my z.