Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
02-17-2020, 08:47 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
FYI, the Lowepro Protactic 450 AW II bag easily fit my 645n kit, with much room to spare. The kit includes the Pentax 645n body with A 75mm lens attached, A 45mm wide angel, FA 45-85 walk-around zoom, FA 200mm telephoto, A 80-160mm zoom telephoto, and A 120mm macro lens. Also my Pentax AF360FGZ flash, and a set of Polaroid close up filters. Still have open sections to hold extra film, batteries, and some more lenses if I eventually get them (wouldn't mind getting the A 35mm wide and the 300mm telephoto). I left the very top section open for miscellaneous gear, snack, etc., and put the camera in through one of the side pockets, so it sits near the bottom of the bag. I didn't like the way a camera with this shape would fit entering through the top, also I don't like putting so much weight in the top of the bag. I could probably fit my Sony A6000 in the bag in the other side pocket if I want to carry a digital body. Might not fit my K70 the way I have it set up, but I could probably fit it in with some reconfiguration.

---------- Post added 02-17-20 at 09:50 PM ----------

My first color test roll with the 645n kit, especially with the macro lens. I'm quite pleased with the handling and performance of the camera and lenses. Pentax 645n (1997) test, Kodak Portra 400 | Flickr

02-18-2020, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OldChE Quote
FYI, the Lowepro Protactic 450 AW II bag easily fit my 645n kit, with much room to spare. The kit includes the Pentax 645n body with A 75mm lens attached, A 45mm wide angel, FA 45-85 walk-around zoom, FA 200mm telephoto, A 80-160mm zoom telephoto, and A 120mm macro lens. Also my Pentax AF360FGZ flash, and a set of Polaroid close up filters. Still have open sections to hold extra film, batteries, and some more lenses if I eventually get them (wouldn't mind getting the A 35mm wide and the 300mm telephoto). I left the very top section open for miscellaneous gear, snack, etc., and put the camera in through one of the side pockets, so it sits near the bottom of the bag. I didn't like the way a camera with this shape would fit entering through the top, also I don't like putting so much weight in the top of the bag. I could probably fit my Sony A6000 in the bag in the other side pocket if I want to carry a digital body. Might not fit my K70 the way I have it set up, but I could probably fit it in with some reconfiguration.

---------- Post added 02-17-20 at 09:50 PM ----------

My first color test roll with the 645n kit, especially with the macro lens. I'm quite pleased with the handling and performance of the camera and lenses. Pentax 645n (1997) test, Kodak Portra 400 | Flickr
Glad you got the camera fixed and found a backpack you like. That sure seems like a lot of lenses to carry. Can't wait to see your pictures.
Thanks,
barondla
02-18-2020, 10:36 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here is what the gear looks like in the backpack. As you can see, there is room for more lenses. Note that the FA 45-85 is in the side-loading section just opposite the camera, and I put the large hood for that lens in that compartment as well - the top picture shows the hood in place above the lens, and the second picture shows the hood removed with the lens below. I posted a picture of most of the kit earlier in this thread, so I'm posting another picture just of the camera and the 120 macro lens I just obtained. The backpack contains all 6 lenses, the camera, the flash, filters, etc.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Moto g(6)  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Moto g(6)  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Last edited by OldChE; 02-18-2020 at 10:40 PM. Reason: correction.