Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2020, 11:19 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Boltonius Quote
And now with pictures.. using two 9V batteries, a roll of electrical tape, and a cigarette packet I found in the trash.. creating a usable battery holder on the fly in front of O'Reilley auto parts because the only extant one online was broken, from the UK, and $100.

It works, and I have shot a roll and a half with it so far. Yes, it is ugly.
MacGyver style

07-06-2020, 11:28 PM   #17

The Samsung J7 phone has a really bad camera. Sorry about that..
08-03-2020, 10:11 AM   #18

And now with pictures.. using two 9V batteries, a roll of electrical tape, and a cigarette packet I found in the trash.. creating a usable battery holder on the fly in front of O'Reilley auto parts because the only extant one online was broken, from the UK, and $100.

It works, and I have shot a roll and a half with it so far. Yes, it is ugly.
Hi, is it possible with single 9V ?

Thank you
08-03-2020, 09:06 PM - 1 Like   #19

Yes, a single 9v will power the camera and advance the film at full speed if the battery is fresh. That's how I tested my 9v theory to begin with.

Meanwhile, just today I bought a 6xAA battery holder that slides right into the grip, but I will have to mod the contacts on it to mate with what's in the grip. Pics to follow..

08-04-2020, 10:51 PM - 1 Like   #20

Yes, a single 9v will power the camera and advance the film at full speed if the battery is fresh. That's how I tested my 9v theory to begin with.

Meanwhile, just today I bought a 6xAA battery holder that slides right into the grip, but I will have to mod the contacts on it to mate with what's in the grip. Pics to follow..
Great, Thank you. Let me try this.

Ps - I’m also looking for a new battery holder.
08-05-2020, 01:05 AM - 1 Like   #21

Awesome...
Working perfectly.. 😊😊😊😊
Just shot two dummy rolls.. everything perfect...!!!

---------- Post added 08-05-20 at 01:10 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by vanchinathan Quote
Awesome...
Working perfectly.. 😊😊😊😊
Just shot two dummy rolls.. everything perfect...!!!
Thank you very much
08-14-2020, 01:50 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi, is it possible with single 9V ?

Thank you
no not enough amperage believe me I tried this

11-09-2020, 11:45 AM   #23

Were you able to get the 6AA battery holder to work? If so, any directions? I too have purchased a Pentax 645 missing the battery holder. Thanks.
11-10-2020, 03:43 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by Tashepa Quote
Were you able to get the 6AA battery holder to work? If so, any directions? I too have purchased a Pentax 645 missing the battery holder. Thanks.

Hi, In my case The battery holder is completely broken when tried making it work. It’s easy to order new one from Ebay, which is a battery pack comes with case, holder & cable. As both the camera & Battery pack shares the same battery holder, you can replace it.

Meanwhile I use 9V battery (suggested in this thread) as temporary solution, so far exposed 30-120 rolls, All good. No issues with winding, metering, auto loading. Etc,. May be I Stick to this method
11-10-2020, 04:01 AM - 1 Like   #25

Hi, In my case The battery holder is completely broken when tried making it work. It’s easy to order new one from Ebay, which is a battery pack comes with case, holder & cable. As both the camera & Battery pack shares the same battery holder, you can replace it.

Meanwhile I use 9V battery (suggested in this thread) as temporary solution, so far exposed 30-120 rolls, All good. No issues with winding, metering, auto loading. Etc,. May be I Stick to this method
Battery set up
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
11-11-2020, 01:19 PM - 2 Likes   #26

Looks good

That's a lot more sanitary of a 9V battery hack than my parking lot special. :-)

Meanwhile, I started working on the AA battery holder and got so far as needing a couple of pop rivets. But, is it possible for me to find my pop rivet gun that I've had since the '90s? NO. So I'll ensure that I find it in the next couple days by purchasing a new one. That always helps to find the old thing that you lost..
11-13-2020, 06:14 AM   #27

That's a lot more sanitary of a 9V battery hack than my parking lot special. :-)

Meanwhile, I started working on the AA battery holder and got so far as needing a couple of pop rivets. But, is it possible for me to find my pop rivet gun that I've had since the '90s? NO. So I'll ensure that I find it in the next couple days by purchasing a new one. That always helps to find the old thing that you lost..
😃
Thank you

That’s great to know that you had since 90’s 😳 I wish you find it. And yeah you are right
Thanks again for the hack ☺️
11-18-2020, 03:41 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
The external power socket is an excellent idea. However, I think the 9V idea would be problematic. Typical AA batteries are in the 2000-3000 mAh range where 9V are more like 300-400 mAh.
YOU are right it wont work too well, not enough amperage.
01-18-2021, 05:55 AM   #29

It works great with a ni mi 9v rechargable battery. I've put some foam inside the battery holder compartment to keep the battery more steady and that's all. I shot allready 7 films. I suppose it doesn't lasts for 100 films like the original battery but I think this was part of the problem... Even today almost all pentax cameras have 8.4 v circuit and guess what the voltage of the rechargable battery is 8.4 !
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone SE (1st generation)  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
02-05-2021, 10:40 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I stand corrected, as I too was able to put 2 nine volt battery's together by way of soldering wires to the and then put them inside and wedged then in place with cardboard and walla it works as advertised . remember positive to the outside of the camera.