Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2020, 09:25 AM   #1

Pentax 645D and wireless flash

Hi,
I am new to the Pentax system and the impressions are really excellent. The camera I own is a Pentax 645D. I bought an AF 540FGZ flash just recently and I can't figure out wheter the Pentax 645D has wireless flash support (without external transceivers) like the latest K5? Or will I need flash transceivers like the Cactus V6 mkii?

01-19-2020, 10:21 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by janzielinski Quote
I bought an AF 540FGZ flash just recently and I can't figure out wheter the Pentax 645D has wireless flash support (without external transceivers) like the latest K5?
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

The K-5 supports optical wireless P-TTL either by using its built-in flash configured as Master/Commander or with an external P-TTL flash on the hot shoe. The 645D supports the latter method only (no built-in flash), requiring purchase of a second flash or use of a compatible radio trigger system.

Steve
01-19-2020, 01:42 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

The K-5 supports optical wireless P-TTL either by using its built-in flash configured as Master/Commander or with an external P-TTL flash on the hot shoe. The 645D supports the latter method only (no built-in flash), requiring purchase of a second flash or use of a compatible radio trigger system.

Steve
Thank you so much for the demystifying this for me. Now I'll just find a trigger that's P-TTL compatible. I've read good things about the Cactus V6 ii.