Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2020, 11:12 AM   #1

645z with Holga lens (yeah, I know. Indulge me)

I have a Canon EF mount Holga lens. I tried putting it up to my 645z, but it only focuses up really close, like a macro lens. So, if I wanted to use it with my 645z, would there be a way to do that? Like, would I need to look at bellows or reverse mounting?

Impractical ideas are fine. It's not going to be a permanent thing, I just want to play around with it.

02-29-2020, 12:06 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Any lens designed to work with APSC/35mm formats is going to have too short a flange distance to work at infinity with a larger format, you'd need to mount it inside the body of the 645 to get infinity focus. Mirror will be in the way.
There was a Holga 120 film camera with a very simple lens, you might try to find one cheap or free (Goodwill or other ?) and remove the lens from it and use an extension tube or other adaptor to get it onto the 645 body. Modified body caps can be useful to mount simple optics.

Good luck with it.
03-01-2020, 05:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't know what properties of the Holga lens you're trying to reproduce on the Z, but a body cap converted to a pin hole would be an easy starting point.
03-01-2020, 07:44 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might find that reverse moutnign it with a helicoid or one or more extension tubes in the mix gets you the ability o focus to infinity. For example I can reverse mount the auto 110 70mm f/2.8 lens on my k-3 with a 9mm extension tube and 17-31mm helicoid. I got the idea for doing that from this thread. That got me thinking if some other interesting things would happen if I reversed other lenes that were normals to wides. In doing so I got this with the DFA 100 WR macro last weekend with it reverse mounted on a 17-31mm helicoid. With that setup I can focus a little past infinity into the macro range with that lens.

If you figure it out post it over in the using it wrong thread I started. I'm sure someone else would find it interesting.

03-03-2020, 08:51 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone! Some good ideas for me to try.