Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2008, 05:12 PM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Knock Knock, Me again.

I had forgotten about the battery issue and it is not as big a deal as you might think as long as you use fresh batteries. It's function is to hold the shot counter info if you are in mid roll and have to change batteries. It is user replaceable even though Pentax asks the owner to send it in. The camera will work fine without it. It's for backup.
I'm sure that you can get it replaced in Europe. I hear Pentax Germany is very good. So if the camera seems to work well when you get it. I'd contact pentax Eu and send it in for a battery replacement if you don't want to do it yourself. It should last 7+ years.
Pentax 645 lithium battery - Photo.net Medium Format Forum

11-01-2008, 06:47 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Hi,

Just for explaine that for that cheap prices you get one of the bests tolls to make photos.

Not forget that for many people the 645 manual lens are the bests ones made in the world.
A test with the bests lens for medium format
Pentax 645 FA 35mm Review

Now some of my samples

645 original with A 75/2.8

645 original with FA 35/3.5

Regards,
11-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #18

I got it, for €360
11-02-2008, 05:17 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Congratulations!

I want one 645 too....

11-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Knock Knock, Me again.

I had forgotten about the battery issue and it is not as big a deal as you might think as long as you use fresh batteries. It's function is to hold the shot counter info if you are in mid roll and have to change batteries. It is user replaceable even though Pentax asks the owner to send it in. The camera will work fine without it. It's for backup.
I'm sure that you can get it replaced in Europe. I hear Pentax Germany is very good. So if the camera seems to work well when you get it. I'd contact pentax Eu and send it in for a battery replacement if you don't want to do it yourself. It should last 7+ years.
Pentax 645 lithium battery - Photo.net Medium Format Forum
Thanks again for your help Peter! If I understand right from the linked discussion, there could be a change for somehow messing with the programming of the inner cmos memory I you don't always have some power. So if I change the lithium battery myself, I should have the grip AA batteries is use at the same time?
11-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pspentax Quote
Hi,

Just for explaine that for that cheap prices you get one of the bests tolls to make photos.

Not forget that for many people the 645 manual lens are the bests ones made in the world.
A test with the bests lens for medium format
Pentax 645 FA 35mm Review

Regards,
Wow, thanks for sharing these, impressive!
11-02-2008, 09:06 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Erasmo Quote
I got it, for €360
Congrats! My set will arrive on Monday...