Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2020, 02:46 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BSULMON Quote
None lenses have a anti-vibrating system
Just a small correction: the DA645 28-45 and DFA645 90 macro have in-lens optical stabilisation. I think they are the only ones though....

07-14-2020, 05:45 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Very enjoyable interview filled with info and amazing images. Love all the photos. The technical hurdles, of the firewoks image, are mind boggling. Two Z! Wow, what a creative way to capture fireworks. What lenses did you use?

Speaking of lenses, that 67 400 is massive. What a stellar lens. Did you purchase it for the 67 and adapt it to 645 or was it intended for the 645 from the start?

Pentax needs more promotions like this! CRK is doing a great job. No wonder Pentax is so strong in Australia. Wish we had CRK in the USA.

Ed, thanks for the taking the time to do the interview and posting it here,
barondla

Hello mate! Thanks...

The fireworks image used TWO 25mm DA lenses (at the time, I had two of them, so there was no problem with using one on the loan body). Even then, I couldn't get the scene in unless I used them in landscape orientation (I had hoped to use them in portrait format, but that didn't cover the width of the scene I had in mind) - so I was lucky to get the fireworks included. Normal pano techniques of rotating the camera wouldn't work, or course, with changing features like fireworks (or, for that matter, star trails - don't get me started on the star trail images I have shot using two bodies, though not 645Zs sadly!).

Re. the 67 400mm EDIF, I bought this for use on my 645D/Z. I did have several 67 lenses already (from 67 film days), but not this one.

Ed