Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-20-2020, 10:18 AM   #1

645z Shutter inconsistent.... Why is that?

Hello, I have a question related to the 645Z

The shutter is not consistent and "hesitates" now and then. See Video in attachment (its on high speed burst mode, but it happens in slow mode too.

Anyone know this and has a suggestion or remedy?

I live in Ontario/ Canada so if it needs repair, a service address suggestion is also very much welcome

Thank you

Tjalling

08-20-2020, 10:31 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't see any attachments
08-20-2020, 01:11 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Slow memory card?

Rick “guessing—also didn’t see any attachments” Denney
08-20-2020, 02:09 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In the absence of the video, my generic advice would be to switch to manual focus (or AF.C), disable distortion corrections if shooting JPEG, and disabling multi-card writing. That should allow you to narrow down the source of the issue to find out whether or not there is a mechanical problem.

As for repair facilities, please refer to the sticky in the repairs forum

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-20-2020, 03:41 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank for the replies - I had/ have trouble with adding the attachment Even in the smallest seize (video or even only a sound file) it won't accept it (invalid file)

I am going to follow Adam's advice first. If not I'll let you know. Again appreciated! Tjalling
08-20-2020, 05:55 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TjallingPhotography Quote
Thank for the replies - I had/ have trouble with adding the attachment Even in the smallest seize (video or even only a sound file) it won't accept it (invalid file)

I am going to follow Adam's advice first. If not I'll let you know. Again appreciated! Tjalling
The easiest way to share a video is probably using youtube. Just paste the link here and it will automatically turn into an embedded video.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-20-2020, 07:13 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How old is the battery? My k3 can act a bit funny when the battery is almost empty.

08-24-2020, 05:39 AM - 1 Like   #8
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I had the same problem and had a local shop that works on Pentax medium format cameras repair it. Basically the mirror assembly starts to hang up, and it's due to the lubricant drying out. The repair is simple and cost me about $250
08-24-2020, 07:30 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Could it be the setting for in-focus requirement for shutter release in the C menus? Sorry I can't remember the actual menu item description. Might be worth checking.