Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2020, 09:13 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lynchpin Quote
I showed him the video, and he thinks the gap in the curtain appearing to be at an angle is an artifact of shooting it on a smartphone or not being 100% square on with the rear of the camera

What!? You didn't have a pro photographer shoot this??

OK, most interesting.

Scanningpassed
Shutterpassed
Lens — pending! What lens have you got, and do you have access to another to run parallel tests (of the very same subjects)?

I cannot see how adverse storage conditions of the film could impact it like this, so you're probably looking at testing the lens you have, thoroughly, unloading the kit and for comparison purposes, get that processed somewhere else. Not much else can be done except wait patiently for the next chapter. Go to it.

08-29-2020, 09:43 PM   #17

Original Poster
Well, I think this camera is cursed. I met up with a local fellow P67 shooter, and we swapped lenses and took some photos. I only had one left on my roll, and he ran through a full roll with my lens.

Of the 10 shots he took, only 3 usable ones came back from the lab. I'm yet to find out what went awry. But of the shots that came out from the new lab, the issue was still evident on the single shot I took with my body - so it's the camera, not the lens (and not the lab I was using).

Thanks everyone for your help, given how minor the issue is in more recent shots, I think I've resigned myself to putting up with it and I'll just use the camera as is, and maybe see if another tech can look at it down the line or maybe I'll grab another body. I would hate to go through the rigmarole of returning this one only to get another dud (and losing import tax in the process).

Bit of a bummer, but oh well! Thanks again for all of your suggestions.