Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2020, 11:22 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Unless you need the money, get one of these and go have some fun with Asahi Optical Company's finest.

09-03-2020, 01:05 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
800mm f6.7

I bought mine around 2012 for about 3200usd from a USA seller and resold it several years later for about 2900usd. Selling was poor decision. They are literally awesome!!!! Do the flashlight down the barrel test to make sure yours has no haze or iris leaf oil on the glass. Also the aperture lever is very long , between the lens mount and actual aperture, and sometimes comes disconnected over time, make sure to manually check the "springiness" of the aperture system. My seller refunded me some $ after I had mine repaired. Buyers will be looking for cosmetic of the paint and the wear on the mounting foot (which are oddly on backwards, for balance, but can be reversed simply). The 1.4 xtender is specific to this lens , having that increases value. If yours comes with rotating rear drop in polarizer, also increases value. Original case is a plus also. Some folks can understand the serial numbers , so include picture of that in your sale. If the focus lever that snaps into focus knob is included , great! Some sellers even have a giant Pentax clear filter for the front, the ultimate finishing touch. It may take a while for the right buyer to find you , but "they dont make em like that anymore" and you would be the only USA seller on Ebay, which is also attractive to some.

If you search my profile , or whatever, on this forum you will eventually find bear and mountain shots using this most excellent optic......
09-05-2020, 04:26 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 672 Quote
I bought mine around 2012 for about 3200usd from a USA seller and resold it several years later for about 2900usd. Selling was poor decision. They are literally awesome!!!! Do the flashlight down the barrel test to make sure yours has no haze or iris leaf oil on the glass. Also the aperture lever is very long , between the lens mount and actual aperture, and sometimes comes disconnected over time, make sure to manually check the "springiness" of the aperture system. My seller refunded me some $ after I had mine repaired. Buyers will be looking for cosmetic of the paint and the wear on the mounting foot (which are oddly on backwards, for balance, but can be reversed simply). The 1.4 xtender is specific to this lens , having that increases value. If yours comes with rotating rear drop in polarizer, also increases value. Original case is a plus also. Some folks can understand the serial numbers , so include picture of that in your sale. If the focus lever that snaps into focus knob is included , great! Some sellers even have a giant Pentax clear filter for the front, the ultimate finishing touch. It may take a while for the right buyer to find you , but "they dont make em like that anymore" and you would be the only USA seller on Ebay, which is also attractive to some.

If you search my profile , or whatever, on this forum you will eventually find bear and mountain shots using this most excellent optic......
Are you interested in another?
09-05-2020, 04:29 PM - 1 Like   #19

Original Poster
All

Thank-you all for your honest replies. It has been a tough time going through all of my uncle's estate and finding a home for his cherished equipment. Along with this lens he also had a Nikon 1200mm f11. Both are beautiful lenses.

I will be posting the lens for sell here on this site. Ebay doesn't allow sales of this size.

Thanks again.

09-08-2020, 06:00 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Oregon Photographer Quote
I will be posting the lens for sell here on this site. Ebay doesn't allow sales of this size.

Thanks again.
?¿?????

I've seen far more expensive items on eBay.
09-09-2020, 05:46 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi,

I figure he hasn't enough history as an eBay seller for them to allow it.

Stan