Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2021, 03:07 AM - 1 Like   #211

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Is that sensor still available?

Anyway, I'll pose a question to the group:

Would you rather have a new 645Z body with a higher mp sensor, but more ore less everything else the same; or one with the addition of IBIS, P/S, and composition adjustment, a better video codec maybe, better tethering, a bit better high iso performance, possibly through an accelerator chip that kicks in around iso 3200-ish, and maybe a couple of other tweaks in the menus and internal dynamics?

Tough call for me....
Easy call - higher MP every time. Couldn't care less about IBIS P/S, video. ISO performance of the current 645z is insane anyway.

100mp plus though...drool

04-30-2021, 05:33 AM   #212

A better video would be nice but as one says not a deal-breaker. I have been looking at the fuji 50S also, wide glass enough to work interiors also wifi & Bluetooth on board. Although I have read the wifi connection is hard to deal with. Only 1080p video which seems strange for a new camera these days?

I have contacted Rioch without much response. I got one email sending me to another department, but no answers to any of my questions. Summery - same chip, faster buffer & performance, new wider glass, Wifi / Bluetooth tether with a tablet. Hard to believe that will happen!
04-30-2021, 07:28 AM - 2 Likes   #213
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Is that sensor still available?

Anyway, I'll pose a question to the group:

Would you rather have a new 645Z body with a higher mp sensor, but more ore less everything else the same; or one with the addition of IBIS, P/S, and composition adjustment, a better video codec maybe, better tethering, a bit better high iso performance, possibly through an accelerator chip that kicks in around iso 3200-ish, and maybe a couple of other tweaks in the menus and internal dynamics?

Tough call for me....
Hi,

I'd leave the 645Z as close to As-Is as I could. Then, make two models. One with the 100 MP imager and one with the 150 MP imager.

When I sat As-Is as I could, I know there will need to be some changes to the support circuitry for the larger chips.

Stan
04-30-2021, 10:47 AM   #214
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pixel Shift checks a lot of the same boxes as higher MP. And to get it, you have to have IBIS anyway, so it's a 2 for 1. Ideally both the 100MP sensor and IBIS/PS. Seems like that is the minimum needed to stay competitive with Fuji.
I could care less about video on a body like this, and I'd imagine that's true for most purchasers of MF cameras.

04-30-2021, 02:06 PM   #215
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pixel shift as described in the recently linked Hasselblad video would provide 50 Mp per color with the existing sensor. I don't know what rate those frames are taken, and hence what motion angular rate disrupts the process, but for static images I would think the result would provide better color accuracy for small features without growth of the resulting raw image file sizes.

Otherwise, full frame would be nice, I think.