Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-26-2020, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #1

645n light leaks

Hi, i was wandering can you help mi idenfity these light leaks. Looks like the courtain is old and has some holes, because this pattern repeats on several photos. How to check this manually on camera?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
09-26-2020, 07:46 PM   #2
Pentaxian

don't scare me ... is this really a defect in the image? not photoshop and not coloring the girl?
09-27-2020, 06:19 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Am a bit stumped by this.
The white spots have shifted from one image to the next. If it were the shutter, then I'd expect the white spots would be in exactly the same place frame to frame.

Some ideas:
Try a different film back. The position of the film frame on the rolls will shift as the roll fills up. That would account for the shifting of the white spots.
Do the spots shift a little with each frame? The two images above are 12 frames apart.

Check the film pressure plate is clean and not beat up.

Do you have 2 frames taken from the same position (eg no moving of the camera - tripod in the same place, model in same place, same framing)?

You could remove the film back and lens, and point the camera at a bright light source. Then you'd see if there were holes in one curtain. Again, I don't think this is it.

Put camera on B. Take a look with the shutter closed, and then push and hold the button, see if anything odd going on during the motion. Try same at a fast speed.

Light leaks tend to leave streaks.

Did you process this yourself?
Did you have a bright light behind the camera?

Sorry, that's all I've got for ideas.
09-27-2020, 06:47 AM   #4

Original Poster
i thought i cleaned the glass of the scanner but there were dust left... sorry for the trouble

09-27-2020, 06:48 AM   #5

Original Poster
problem solved
Attached Images

09-27-2020, 12:38 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I learn the hard way that if you see defects on scanned images you first need to evaluate you scan technique Overexposed Left Edge on the My MX - PentaxForums.com
09-27-2020, 01:18 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jumbleview Quote
I learn the hard way that if you see defects on scanned images you first need to evaluate you scan technique Overexposed Left Edge on the My MX - PentaxForums.com
the dust gut under the glass of the scanner. no wonder i thought the glass was clean after simply sweeping it with cloth

09-28-2020, 08:04 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like junk on the negatives from something in the water or chemistry to me. This kind of thing can "become one" with the emulsion and be not cleanable.
09-28-2020, 09:55 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
Looks like junk on the negatives from something in the water or chemistry to me. This kind of thing can "become one" with the emulsion and be not cleanable.
already solved the problem, thx