Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
10-12-2020, 11:15 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi,

My pleasure. I probably should have added that they 'bucket brigade' the electron charge from photosite to photosite on the way to the edge of the chip for voltage reading and then the digital value is set - the analog part of digital.

So, that is why they do it in the dark, and where streaking would come from if they didn't. It's actually spelled out in the name: Charge Coupled Device. But all this is Old School nowadays.

My 645D and the CCD works very well as a higher resolution unit next to my Nikon Df. You know, for things that don't move and are in good light. So far, the Df is doing well at the rest of the things in the world.

Stan

10-12-2020, 09:54 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi, I’ve decided the 645d isn’t for me due to lack of tether. However at least in Japan I can get a used 645z at a good price. Then there is a wireless tether solution called “FLU”. (?!)

I found some details in English also wanted on the DPR site. See link below. Apparently it runs control software via a web browser and even has tap to focus. Works with the 645z according to the best pro shop in Tokyo who rents it as a solution.

Pentax O-FC1 FluCard: The wireless details: Digital Photography Review

PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K-3??????????????????????????? | RICOH IMAGING

amazon.com : Pentax 16GB FluCard Pro SDHC Memory Card : Computers & Accessories?tag=pentaxforums-20&
09-29-2021, 01:40 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did you check the options for your 645Z?
Keep the overview on the increasing tethering options for Pentax cameras - PentaxForums.com

A german Pentaxian also uses the CamFi Pro Plus successful with his 645Z and Image Transmitter 2 (IT2):
Wireless Tethering mit "Shot & View" (im Shooting-Betrieb) - Pentaxians

Last edited by angerdan; 09-29-2021 at 01:50 PM.