Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2020, 06:12 PM - 1 Like   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yurihuta Quote
sure, there is the TS-PC Super-Rotator MC HARTBLEI 45mm f/3.5 which is a tilt shift lens in a Pentax 645 mount. I think they also made/make these for Contax 645 and Pentacon Six mounts.
Thanks for bringing this one up. I knew that these Arsenal optics TS were available for Pentax K, but had forgotten that they were also offered for Pentax 645.

Steve

11-04-2020, 11:59 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I do mean native mount, not adapted. Good to know about the 500mm mirror lens and the Komura telephoto. Komura also had a teleconverter for the Pentax 6X7.

Lensbaby had lenses for the Pentax 6X7, 645, and Mamiya 645. Heres the press release:
Lensbabies Introduces New Medium Format Lensbaby 3G - Outdoor Photographer.

Had the chance to purchase the 6X7 at an amazing clearance price and declined. Couldn't see using such expensive film and processing for very experimental images requiring lots of takes to get right. Now on digital it would be awesome.

Thanks,
barondla
11-05-2020, 03:52 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
I'm also wondering if a Canon to Pentax converter exists? If so it may open up other lens options to us Pentax folk
11-05-2020, 05:18 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by peggers Quote
I'm also wondering if a Canon to Pentax converter exists? If so it may open up other lens options to us Pentax folk
Haven't seen one. There are multiple problems.

1. The flange distance for medium format is much greater than any Canon. So lenses wouldn't focus anywhere near infinity. This could be fixed with optics in the adapter.

2. Very few Canon lenses would cover the larger medium format sensor. Even if they did, edge quality would probably suffer.

3. Canon af lenses don't have a way to mechanically control aperture. The adapter would need electronics in it.

Even with all these negatives an adapter could be useful for macro. I would love an adapter to put Pentax PK lens on 645.

Thanks,
barondla

11-05-2020, 07:10 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Thanks for bringing this one up. I knew that these Arsenal optics TS were available for Pentax K, but had forgotten that they were also offered for Pentax 645.

Steve
I can't remember precisely, but I thought that there were three variants of this: older glass; updated coatings; and then Schneider glass (but this last version may have only been for TS in 35mm mount and not for 645). Can't seem to find much on the later versions, so perhaps this was manufactured in a small batch in my imagination.
11-05-2020, 08:25 AM - 2 Likes   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yurihuta Quote
I can't remember precisely, but I thought that there were three variants of this: older glass; updated coatings; and then Schneider glass (but this last version may have only been for TS in 35mm mount and not for 645). Can't seem to find much on the later versions, so perhaps this was manufactured in a small batch in my imagination.
There are two Hartblei concerns, the original company in Kiev (harbleilens.com) and a newer venture operating out of Germany (hartblei.de). The former invented the super-rotator and based that product on medium format optics from Arsenal in Kiev while they were still available*. The latter has partnered with Zeiss for optics and is the only one of the two currently offering lenses. IIRC, both companies have the same principal/owners, just different products and base of operations.

Steve

* The Arsenal factory abruptly ceased operation in 2007 with both Arax and Hartblei (Kiev) acquiring residual stock and parts. Hartblei (Kiev) has apparently exhausted those resources and no longer offers lenses. Arax apparently still offers their version of the TS 35/2.8 in 35mm SLR mounts (LINK).

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-05-2020 at 08:35 AM.
11-05-2020, 08:36 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
There are two Hartblei concerns, the original company in Kiev (harbleilens.com) and a newer venture operating out of Germany (hartblei.de). The former invented the super-rotator and based that product on medium format optics from Arsenal in Kiev while they were still available*. The latter has partnered with Zeiss for optics and is the only one of the two currently offering lenses. IIRC, both companies have the same principal/owners, just different products and base of operations.

Steve

* The Arsenal factory abruptly ceased operation in 2007 with both Arax and Hartblei (Kiev) acquiring residual stock and parts. Hartblei (Kiev) has apparently exhausted those resources and no longer offers lenses. Arax still offers their version of the TS 35/2.8, using in 35mm SLR mounts.
Fascinating info. Glad at least some of the companies have found ways to survive.

Thanks for sharing,
barondla

11-05-2020, 09:00 AM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
... Lensbaby had lenses for the Pentax 6X7, 645, and Mamiya 645. Heres the press release:
Lensbabies Introduces New Medium Format Lensbaby 3G - Outdoor Photographer.

Had the chance to purchase the 6X7 at an amazing clearance price and declined. Couldn't see using such expensive film and processing for very experimental images requiring lots of takes to get right. Now on digital it would be awesome.
Interesting. No mention of this lens appears in the PF Third-Party Lens Reviews under Lensbaby. eBay doesn't show any examples at this writing. The referenced Outdoor Photographer link has no pictures of it. @barondla, you may be one of the few who have ever seen it. I wonder how many Pentax 6x7 versions were manufactured.
11-05-2020, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have an Arsat MC 30mm f:3.5 fisheye with Pentacon Six to P645 adapter
11-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kaseki Quote
Interesting. No mention of this lens appears in the PF Third-Party Lens Reviews under Lensbaby. eBay doesn't show any examples at this writing. The referenced Outdoor Photographer link has no pictures of it. @barondla, you may be one of the few who have ever seen it. I wonder how many Pentax 6x7 versions were manufactured.
Never saw it. Lensbaby rep offered it to me via phone/internet. Kicking myself for not picking it up at the ridiculously cheap price. I believe @yurihuta had the 6X7 version. I've also seen pictures by someone else here in the Lensbaby lens club.

Thanks,
barondla
11-05-2020, 10:02 AM   #26
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
I have an Arsat MC 30mm f:3.5 fisheye with Pentacon Six to P645 adapter
How is it? Any good?

Steve
11-05-2020, 02:13 PM - 3 Likes   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How is it? Any good?
It's a fantastic lens, the soviet copy of the Carl Zeiss Distagon 30mm for Hasselblad sold $3400, I paid $250 !

Here you have a description and test at pentaconsix.com.

My preferred shots :

My Arsat 30mm shots on Flickr

Last edited by fs999; 11-05-2020 at 02:21 PM.
11-05-2020, 04:38 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
It's a fantastic lens, the soviet copy of the Carl Zeiss Distagon 30mm for Hasselblad sold $3400, I paid $250 !

Here you have a description and test at pentaconsix.com.

My preferred shots :

My Arsat 30mm shots on Flickr
Those are very impressive.
11-07-2020, 12:21 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Those are very impressive.
Thank you !
11-07-2020, 10:42 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
How is it? Any good?

Steve
I also just added the Arsat 30 to the 645Z. Don't have anything close to fs999's marvelous images, but I love the lens.

Thanks,
barondla