Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2020, 08:11 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Original Poster

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Thank you for the suggestion. I searched my film stash for a roll of 220 anything (anyone want some elderly Vericolor II type L in 120 ) without success, so I bought a roll of TX off of Etsy. Once it arrives, I'll load up the 220 insert that came with the camera and see how that goes. If I'm still having trouble after that, I'll reach out to Jaron.

11-16-2020, 10:17 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi
Does anyone have an email address for Jason Ball?
11-18-2020, 11:27 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Denver Quote
Hi
from another forum (contact details - no email though):

Usual turn around time is 7-10 business days.

If you want to check out my work

On ig @ Thenimsloguy

YouTube @ The Nimslo Guy - YouTube

Or on eBay @ red.beard.technologies on eBay

I’m based out of Arizona and have been doing camera repairs for over 10 years.

---------- Post added 11-18-2020 at 01:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Denver Quote
Hi
I communicate with Jaron via Instagram messages. He has repaired two 645N bodies for me already and is working on a third one.
11-22-2020, 09:49 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Another update: I received my roll of 220 TX, loaded the 220 insert, and found that 1) there's now a delay after pretty much every shot; and 2) the film advanced to the end after 16 exposures.

Looking at the insert, it appears that a previous owner flipped that plastic part to modify the 220 insert for 120 film. So at least that explains the advance-to-the-end after the 16th shoot.

Perhaps the camera was damaged in the past by someone shooting 120 film using the modified 220 back?

I've sent a message to Jaron via his eBay account; I'll post what he has to say when I hear back.

11-22-2020, 03:28 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by htolino Quote
Another update: I received my roll of 220 TX, loaded the 220 insert, and found that 1) there's now a delay after pretty much every shot; and 2) the film advanced to the end after 16 exposures.

Looking at the insert, it appears that a previous owner flipped that plastic part to modify the 220 insert for 120 film. So at least that explains the advance-to-the-end after the 16th shoot.

Perhaps the camera was damaged in the past by someone shooting 120 film using the modified 220 back? ...
We now know, or think we know, that for successful emulation of the 120 back by the 220 back not only must the plastic part be flipped, but shims are needed for the film insert platen edges where they meet the body image plane rails. Without these shims, there is more drag and there is speculation that such drag will affect the motor drive durability.