Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #1

Does a threaded self timer release work on a P67?

I am considering buying a Pentax 67, and can't afford the 67II. I do enjoy the self timer feature on my other cameras, and know that Walz and some other companies made self timers for classic 35mm rangefinders which thread into the shutter release like a cable release would, but has a dial, so once the self timer spins through its timed rotation, it strikes down on the shutter release.

I was curious if anyone had tried one of these on a 67.

11-12-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The shutter buttons on the 6x7 and 67II are threaded for a cable release so I don't see any problem with your proposed set-up. I don't have the 67 but would assume that it has a threaded shutter release as well - the 67 is almost identical to the original 6x7.
11-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Zulu Quote
I am considering buying a Pentax 67, and can't afford the 67II. I do enjoy the self timer feature on my other cameras, and know that Walz and some other companies made self timers for classic 35mm rangefinders which thread into the shutter release like a cable release would, but has a dial, so once the self timer spins through its timed rotation, it strikes down on the shutter release.

I was curious if anyone had tried one of these on a 67.
I haven't tried one, but there is no reason why one wouldn't work. The 6x7 and it's sibling has very soft shutter releases.
11-16-2008, 11:37 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for your responses! Now it is a matter of sailing the fine seas of KEH...