Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by abrotherchris Quote
This is what I found. There is a retaining ring holding the lens captive in the Nikon diopter. You can take this out with a safety pin. This lens does not fit directly into the Pentax diopter housing. Perhaps with some careful sanding, it will.
This will likely require the help of an optical shop that can grind the edge while keeping the optical center centered. The grind should be slightly undersized so a black edge coating can be used to cut distracting reflections.

12-25-2020, 03:52 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abrotherchris Quote
This is what I found. There is a retaining ring holding the lens captive in the Nikon diopter. You can take this out with a safety pin. This lens does not fit directly into the Pentax diopter housing. Perhaps with some careful sanding, it will.
Thank you so much for this, abrotherchris.

Believe it or not, I actually did do exactly the same thing last week with my Nikon diopter. I removed the retainer ring, and then sanded down the sides of the Nikon diopter and fit it into the Pentax diopter holder. It's not perfect - it rattles around a little bit since the Nikon diopter is a lot thinner than the Pentax diopter - but it's much better than nothing. I'm just glad I can start using my P67II!
04-20-2021, 05:46 AM   #18

Can I buy your +3.0 diopter glass please? Will it fit to 6x7 mlu viewfinder?
05-02-2021, 09:53 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jessieben2021 Quote
Can I buy your +3.0 diopter glass please? Will it fit to 6x7 mlu viewfinder?
I sold it back in Febryary and bought myself another Pentax 67II. This time around, this Pentax 67III is immaculate.

05-04-2021, 04:30 PM   #20

Ok. Thanks for the reply.