Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2021, 09:30 AM   #1

Batteriet is going dry

Hi!

I brought a pentax 67 with TLL almost a year ago. Until now i have had to change batteries around 5 time. I didn’t made any thoughts about it until a week ago when it was dry again. The battery was changed two weeks before, and not used for a second.

Does anyone know what I can do about it? Could there be contacts on the camera or lens, that I should put on “off”?

Thanks in advance.

02-02-2021, 06:50 PM   #2
Pentaxian

maybe something is keeping the TTL switch on? ......i am rather a noobie to owning a 6x7.....the other would be to remove the battery when not it use......as it's a simple procedure which i may try to do if i am mindful of it
02-03-2021, 03:54 AM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In my experience some batteries have lost a good amount of charge already when you purchase them. They have been stored in the shop for too long. Perhaps because the demand for that type of battery is low nowadays.

I agree with Aaron28's suggestion of removing the battery when not in use.
02-03-2021, 10:42 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In pinch the PX28 battery can be built out of 4 MS76 button cells. That is what's inside one. Just stack the MS76 batteries and wrap with cellophane tape. I live in the boonies and have used this trick when the "official" battery isn't available.

Good luck,
barondla

02-03-2021, 04:04 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I don't think this is the problem, but just to mention it as a point of importance often overlooked by new users: if your 67 has the mirror lock-up facility, ensure this is taped over before stowing the camera in a pack (see photo), as it is very, very easy for this to be activated and completely exhaust the battery. Otherwise, an electrical short is likely responsible for the persistent draining of the battery, very likely if several batteries are replaced over a very short time. Normally a battery can last several years. I haven't changed my 67 battery since 2012.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G960F  Photo