Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyway, though, yes, Balto, you could actually do something interesting streetey with a 67 and a good size flash, ....*if* you go out in lighting where you can balance the background with that slow shutter synch, and hit it with the flash to put an edge on things. You really have to have our wits about you, though, unless you want to look like you showed up with a Speed Graphic and a phosphorous bulb of particularly short duration.

(Also: brute force and ignorance sometimes works, as long as things aren't too far apart: pick a modest auto F-stop and hope for the best. )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-24-2008 at 12:10 PM.
12-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Glad to hear KEH measures up again...how 'bout that grading? Man, for buyers their tough grading is great, means you get better than expected condition!
12-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote

But I'm a little confused about how KEH prices the 6x7 outfits: specifically, the prices for one with "pentaprism" are $70 higher than the equivalent listed with "TTL". Maybe I misunderstand, but I read "TTL" as metered and "pentaprism" as unmetered. Shouldn't the prices be the other way around, or what am I missing?

Guess I could ask THEM, instead of you guys..... :-)
Oh, and on this, the old TTL prism just meant it had a through-the-lens meter (not a flash one, just like you might find on a k1000, is all.) This was more special once upon a time.
12-25-2008, 01:21 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
Glad to hear KEH measures up again...how 'bout that grading? Man, for buyers their tough grading is great, means you get better than expected condition!
So true. And it also helps folks like me who often have to buy "blind" over the internet since there are few Pentax deals in local forums. I can firmly place my trust in KEH's rating system (BGN and above are good enough for me) without having to see actual photos of the item. Even some unscrupulous eBay sellers fake their item photos.

01-01-2009, 06:28 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by baltochef920 Quote
How did you find the process of using flash with this camera??..One generally sees little written on the web concerning flash use with any of the Pentax 6x7 cameras, other than the inconvenience of the P67's slow flash sync speed..
The sync speed hasn't been a problem for me. If I understand right, flash duration is short enough that real exposure time is much shorter than the 1/30 sec 'X' shutter.

I guess that could be a problem when you're trying to balance flash and ambient light. I haven't done that yet; I've really only used flash indoors and the ambient light wasn't significant.

sample Sunpak 383 bounce flash pic

Last edited by Sluggo; 01-01-2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: couldn't get IMG tags to work, switched to link
01-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #21

I bought a focusing screen and an extension tube set from KEH for my 645nii. Both were as advertised. However, emails to KEH asking about items on their site seem to disappear into the electronic bit bucket. For this reason, I've yet to buy glass from them.