Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2021, 01:42 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
"The 645 is already there". Is it? They have not build such a camera for years and if I look at the webshops from Ricoh they can not deliver a 645, they are out of stock. And they can not tell you when there will be new 645's and that has nothing to do with the shortage of chips, they do not use that as an excuse. If you take the words of the CEO you will notice that he is worried about Pentax and how to go on.
Hi,

Odd how I can buy a 645Z from Ricoh USA website right this very minute. Both new and refurbished.

I want one with the 150 MP imager in it. Pentax and Ricoh have not had Dollar One from me directly. Meaning buying new gear. This would change with a new 645 digital body.

Stan

04-28-2021, 02:48 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by wa2kqy Quote
Hi,

Odd how I can buy a 645Z from Ricoh USA website right this very minute. Both new and refurbished.

I want one with the 150 MP imager in it. Pentax and Ricoh have not had Dollar One from me directly. Meaning buying new gear. This would change with a new 645 digital body.

Stan
You are right, they have some bodies only in stock again (for the discount price of € 3999.00), the kits and the refurbished ones (bodies and kits) are still out of stock for many months now and so do a few 645 lenses at the moment. But this is the Ricoh Imaging Europe situation. But prices in the USA for the 645 are not as interesting as the European ones perhaps.
04-29-2021, 12:00 AM - 1 Like   #18

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
. . . the K-3 III has to be a successful product that puts the Pentax brand back in the picture. . .
so its like 1974 and a small brand called VW is struggling. They throw everything in to a killer product (the new Golf) and folks love it. VW is saved. Hurrah

we'll not mention the diesel thing 40 years later
04-29-2021, 01:50 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

PENTAX will be the Leica of the DSLR technology. I think that they can sell cameras and lenses in each of the three formats sharing the same tech with few differences.

04-29-2021, 02:46 AM - 3 Likes   #20

I bought two 645z's early this year from Wex - both came within 2 days of ordering online.

There are plenty of retailers here in the UK who sell them.

I moved to Pentax (from Nikon) to get the MF 44x33 digital. I would buy a 100mp 645z tomorrow if they brought one out, probably two. My 645z's are now the only camera's I shoot with.

I do not want a Mirrorless set up - hence I chose the 645z over the GFX product line. Lot's don't like them, Pentax have a niche and the 645 is their flagship camera. They'd be mad not to continue with it