Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-26-2021, 09:19 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Didn't someone here report on doing that several months ago? There was also a report on using 9V batteries, as I recall.

01-19-2022, 08:47 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
The two things that I know of that can fail are the battery holder (broken plastic or corroded contacts)
Bingo!!!! Have the same problem. I know nothing about 3d printing but surely it would not be possible to incorporate the battery contacts.

Apart from finding a replacement,which are thin on the ground, is there a solution?

Great shame that Pentax under-engineered this item.
01-19-2022, 02:25 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Would the external battery pack suffice?
03-19-2022, 04:13 PM - 1 Like   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by Rekusu Quote
Bingo!!!! Have the same problem. I know nothing about 3d printing but surely it would not be possible to incorporate the battery contacts.

Apart from finding a replacement,which are thin on the ground, is there a solution?

Great shame that Pentax under-engineered this item.
I am currently building battery holders if you are still in need.

---------- Post added 03-19-22 at 04:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rpjallan Quote
I guess if you got one with a good battery holder you could get a 3D printed copy made. Would that be a possibility?
This is not so simple. Sourcing and installing the battery contacts has proved to be the real challenge.

03-25-2022, 05:35 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by rpjallan Quote
Hi Everyone.

I have been shooting digital exclusively since I bought my *ist D when it first came out in 2003 but I have been thinking lately about getting back into some film photography. I have a Pentax MX (which I bought new in 1979!) and a Pentax Z1 but I’m thinking if I’m going to bother with film these days it needs to be medium format. My dad had a Yashica MAT 124G years ago, which I used to borrow and recently looking at some photos from it, I was really impressed. However, I have been thinking about a Pentax 645. I have seen some around for a pretty reasonable price but my question is, considering their age, how reliable are their electronics going to be.

Anyway, I would be interested in any thoughts anyone has…
Seems that 645 battery case is the only problem, with over ( guess) many thousands of mechanical parts. Its going to keep going as long as my 1960s Nikon s. It’s mind boggling to read the repair manual and wonder how it could be manufactured at a reasonable cost.