Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 65 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2022, 05:41 AM   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I am using micro sd already in my K-1 just because it was cheaper and came with an adapter . I never take it out anyway. Just unload with the cable (an when I forget to disconnect it, which happens quite often, it drains my battery...)

09-26-2022, 11:54 PM - 3 Likes   #122
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Removable memory reduces risks of data loss -- if the camera breaks, is lost, has a data corruption event, or gets stolen, then less data is lost if the photographer uses removable cards and swaps with some frequency.

Removable memory enables higher-volume workflows -- a card swap lets the photographer keep shooting while an assistant downloads the card(s) and begins post processing.

Removable memory enables less down time for shooting -- even with USB C, swapping cards is faster than connecting the camera and waiting while it downloads.

The added cost of removable memory is negligible in the grand scheme -- is anyone really going to tie-break between two high-spec cameras and buy the model with no card slot because the slot-less camera is $30 cheaper?
Agreed. I will never buy a digital camera (or a computer, a tablet, a smartphone) without any provision to connect some form of removable memory. I have never bought a disposable analog camera for the same reasons!

Cheers!

Abbazz