Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-16-2021, 01:20 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Mugenmoonz0 think twice before fixing it. Read about a guy that loved his 50mm Takumar. Decided to fix it, and the magic was gone. He barely used it after the fix. Ended up buying another yellow Takumar. 30 years is a long time to wait for it to turn yellow again.

Thanks,
barondla
That's interesting. I don't recall any difference in the image characteristics before and after. Before, I just set a custom white balance before shooting. After, I didn't have to. Other than that, I didn't detect a change.

Do you recall what differences the person saw? I suppose some degree of diffraction changed with the removal of the yellowing?

12-16-2021, 04:13 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
That's interesting. I don't recall any difference in the image characteristics before and after. Before, I just set a custom white balance before shooting. After, I didn't have to. Other than that, I didn't detect a change.

Do you recall what differences the person saw? I suppose some degree of diffraction changed with the removal of the yellowing?
Don't remember - it has been a year or two. He might have been shooting B&W film. He pointed out there are thousands of "clear" lenses available, and few yellow. Made me think twice.

Thanks,
barondla
12-25-2021, 01:31 AM   #18

Original Poster
Hi everyone, thanks for chiming in.
I decided not to perform the de-yellowing process, after shooting one roll through it. Turns out the yellowing on my lens has zero to negligible effects on the overall image quality.