Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2022, 11:03 AM   #1

645D and XPro-P

Dear all,

I'd like to buy a Godox XPro-P TTL Wireless Flash Trigger to use with a 645D and a Witstro AD180 flash, because I need HSS. Godox claim that it works with a Witstro AD360, but I'm not sure that this flash trigger is compatible with a Witstro AD180.

Has someone experimented this kind of equipment ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Thyphaine

6 Days Ago   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The AD180 and original AD360 were compatible with the older FT-16 Remote Control. The AD360II is listed as working by B&H.I have AD200, AD400, and AD600 strobes with the XPro-P and they work fine. Sorry I'm not much help.
6 Days Ago   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you look on pages 42 and 43 of the Godox XPro-P manual it will give you some information on the trigger/flash and trigger/camera compatibility of the XPro-P. Below is a shortcut to the site/manual listing. Please note that the tables in the manual only list camera and flash models that have been tested, and may not list all actual camera or flash models that have not been tested for compatibility. I do not see the 645D or AD180 listed, but inquiring by contacting Godox itself may help. The 645D and other Pentax models may not have been tested yet. Also below is an email address for the Godox corporation in case you would like to contact them and inquire. The 645D is compatible with the Pentax flashes such as the AF360FGZ and with P-TTL for those models, so it does have some orientation of handling Pentax flashes, which the XPro-P is created for, but as I said, to be sure you may want to contact Godox itself. Also, you may want to inquire if the AD180 can or has to use a receiver type that will enable communication effectively with the XPro-P on the 645D. There is the Godox XTR16 receiver, that supposedly is effective on the AD180 and AD360, but I am not sure if that would communicate with the XPro-P or not. You could possibly check with B and H. I will list the shortcut to the product (at B and H) below in case you are interested.

Godox Contact E_Mail: godox@godox.com

Godox Manual for XPro-P: http://www.godox.com/EN/InstructionManual/Godox_XProP_20181105.pdf

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1341951-REG/godox_xtr_16_wireless_2_4g_remote.html

Last edited by C_Jones; 6 Days Ago at 02:46 PM.
6 Days Ago   #4

Original Poster
Hello,

thank you very much for sending me the XPro-P manual, it's very usefull. I already use XTR-16 and XTR-16S with the XT16 trigger, and it work perfectly with the 645D (so I don't lose hope). The reason why I'm interested by the XPro-P lie in HSS necessity.

Unfortunately, Godox never answered to my questions, so I'll turn to B&H and post an info supplement if they reply. In any case, I'll take the risk to buy the XPro-P Trigger (69 euros in France ) and, if you want, I add my experiment to this thread when I'll test the gear.

Thank you again, and ... a good photographic week-end to you.

Thyphaine

5 Days Ago   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thyph Quote
Hello,

thank you very much for sending me the XPro-P manual, it's very usefull. I already use XTR-16 and XTR-16S with the XT16 trigger, and it work perfectly with the 645D (so I don't lose hope). The reason why I'm interested by the XPro-P lie in HSS necessity.

Unfortunately, Godox never answered to my questions, so I'll turn to B&H and post an info supplement if they reply. In any case, I'll take the risk to buy the XPro-P Trigger (69 euros in France ) and, if you want, I add my experiment to this thread when I'll test the gear.

Thank you again, and ... a good photographic week-end to you.

Thyphaine
The lights i have which are Godox AD600 (1), Godox AD200 (2), and Godox V1 (2) all have HSS. When I use the XPro-P with them the HSS works fine. Since the Godox AD180 does perform HSS, if the XPro-P can fire it, I doubt very much if it would have the HSS feature disabled. It does say in the AD180 specs that it has a wireless control port, so obviously the light has remote capability. If you did confide in B and H and ask if the XPro-P can be used in conjunction with the XTR-16 or XTR-16S receivers, you may also want to ask if the HSS is available, but as I said I doubt very much if it would not be. B and H does have a live chat feature during most business hours, in case you would like to chat with an agent online.

Good luck and have a great day.

Last edited by C_Jones; 5 Days Ago at 04:35 PM.
5 Days Ago   #6

Original Poster
Thank you for this perspective. Yes, in fact AD180 works perfectly with XT16 and XTR16S, so it's should be surprising if it fail with the XPro-P. Anyway, as soon as I test this trigger, I complete this thread.

Have a good sunday
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #7

Original Poster
B&H answered to my question (Hi, I'd like to know if the XPro-P is compatible with a 645D camera and a Witstro AD-180 flash (with the XTR16 receiver) ?) :

“Yes. But the system will have to be used in all manual mode.”

Good new, I always work in manual mode.

4 Days Ago   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thyph Quote
B&H answered to my question (Hi, I'd like to know if the XPro-P is compatible with a 645D camera and a Witstro AD-180 flash (with the XTR16 receiver) ?) :

“Yes. But the system will have to be used in all manual mode.”

Good new, I always work in manual mode.
That is nice. Congratulations.