Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2022, 09:09 AM   #1

What backpack do you use for your 645z?

Hi,

i am looking for a new mid-size backpack für my camera and don't get really happy with my research.

I currently use a Lowepro Flipside AW200, which is a bit tight when I have the 28-45 zoom, the 85-160 zoom and some small stuff with me.

Alternatively, I have a Pacsafe Camsafe Z16 for my Fuji. Unfortunately, I also get my 645Z only very barely inside. But the backpack is comfortable, stable (I do not know how many countries the backpack has seen over the years) and simply practical. Unfortunately, he and his bigger brother is no longer manufactured

...please let me know, what do you user for travelling with your 645z.

regards

Michael

05-13-2022, 10:13 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I use the Mindshift 35L. Sadly it's discontinued, but you can probably still find one. I like it so much, I bought another one which is just sitting in the closet for the day when the first one gives out---which it is showing no signs of doing. It's amazing how much gear I can get in it, and it rides on the back very well, and has a waistbelt. It is also itself an ultralight pack, so it isn't adding much to the load. Finally, it looks bigger than it is, but it is overhead/carry-on compliant. I've been on multiple personal trips with it, and use it for all my pro shoots. Just great. I love Lowepro, but this is the best bag I've ever had.
05-13-2022, 01:53 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use the Flipside 400 AW for my K-3 II and 16-85 or my K-5 IIs and Sigma 150-500 for Pentax. I do not have the 645Z but just wanted to mention it. I actually have more than one Flipside 400 AW. They are nice to pack equipment and accessories in.
05-13-2022, 02:46 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can fit my 645Z and several lenses into my Peak Design Everyday Backpack 15 Litre. It's quite compact and a comfortable carry. Looks rather snappy too

My Think Tank Airport Accelerator is bigger, and wouldn't win any beauty contest. It doesn't leave the house as a rule. I might try configuring it to accommodate the full MF kit though.

I also have the LowePro Flipside 400. It's my most comfortable option for harder treks, but for me it suits the "small format" bodies/lenses better.