Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2008, 09:05 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Still waiting to determine which 67II body he may buy. One is getting serviced at Pentax so the final decision is tied to outside delays. Plus Pentax is basically rebuilding every system in what was my cosmetically challenged workhorse body. So until the overworked body comes back, no decisions can be made. In the mean time, I'm burning a roll here and there, and will fill you in if a 67II body and AE prism comes availabe for you soon.

12-18-2008, 09:09 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Out of curiosity, is that AE prism the only metered one?
No. I have a ttl prism on my old 6x7.
12-18-2008, 11:45 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
No. I have a ttl prism on my old 6x7.
Same here.
12-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry, there. I meant on the new ones: I've used the 6x7 with like a Cds finder on there, big thing with a metal arm on it that'd couple to the shutter speed dial. I was wondering if you needed to buy the AE prism to have metering if you got the newer model.

12-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry, there. I meant on the new ones: I've used the 6x7 with like a Cds finder on there, big thing with a metal arm on it that'd couple to the shutter speed dial. I was wondering if you needed to buy the AE prism to have metering if you got the newer model.
Hi Ratmagiclady,

I will say yes. There is a metered and unmetered prism available, at substanially different prices. Most 2nd hand 67ii from what i have seen so far, have the metered prisms, but not all. It is very easy to spot, at the back of the prism to one side is a dial. The unmetered prism does not have a dial.
I hope someone with one can verify this ?

Cheers Neil
12-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by knumbnutz Quote
Hi Ratmagiclady,

I will say yes. There is a metered and unmetered prism available, at substanially different prices. Most 2nd hand 67ii from what i have seen so far, have the metered prisms, but not all. It is very easy to spot, at the back of the prism to one side is a dial. The unmetered prism does not have a dial.
I hope someone with one can verify this ?

Cheers Neil
Here is a picture of both

Metered, metered, unmetered
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SIGMA SD14  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SIGMA SD14  Photo   
12-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #22
Inactive Account

There are four finders manufactured for the 67II body..

67II AE Pentaprism Finder (TTL metered)
67II Pentaprism Finder (TTL non-metered)
67II Folding Focusing Hood Finder (laterally reversed image)
67II Rigid Magnifying Hood Finder (laterally reversed image)

http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/manual/67II_Eng.pdf

I cannot wait to get my own 67II camera and start using it..Hopefully, this will happen before too long..I was hoping that I could make it work in January 2009, but the economy will be slowing that prospect down for me..Hopefully, by June 2009..

Bruce
12-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #23
Site Supporter

Pentax 67 forum

Neil, you may want to research your questions at the Pentax Medium Format site at Photonet. Steve Rasmussen, the moderator, is one of the most knowledgeable people I have met on the entire system.

Medium Format Photography forum from Photo.net -- Pentax 67 Lenses

I have the 45mm, 135mm macro and the 200mm. I have found the 135 to be exceptionally sharp, even sold a 32x41 inch print of it earlier this year. These images were all taken with the 135mm:

Don Boyd Photographs
Don Boyd Photographs
Don Boyd Photographs

Best of luck,

12-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I have the 200 tak lens. Its the best lens i have ever own. As Wheatfield mention, it has some negative comments, but man o man, the results i have from it are fabtabulous.

Dave