Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2022, 06:26 AM   #1

645Z Tethering shooting problem

Hi Evrebody
I've been shooting tether using Lightroom with my Pentax 645Z for many years, but since I changed my old PC with a new MacBook Pro M1 Max I've not been able do so anymore.
Everything on the camera side works because I still have the old MacBook and if I connect to it everything works just fine.
Is anybody experiencing the same issue?
Of course I've asked Pentax and they told me to ask Adobe...but they told me to ask Apple which told me that I should ask to Pentax to ask my grandma to ask my dog..bla.. bla..

Any help will help!

Thanks a lot

Roberto

05-24-2022, 06:39 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
For sure it's an Apple problem. It's why I stopped using Apple's after they deep sixed PowerPC. So, question: are you using the Image Transmitter software, or the LR plug-in? If the former, have you updated it?
05-25-2022, 01:19 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
For sure it's an Apple problem. It's why I stopped using Apple's after they deep sixed PowerPC.
Really!?! Ditching Power PC was the best thing they ever did!

And I still have four old Power Macs...

Back to the topic - How old is your old MacBook? Are you running the same versions of the software on both computers?
06-09-2022, 01:23 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hi
Sorry for the late reply...
My old MacBook was a 2019 the last generation before the M1 processor.
As far as software -if you refer to LR- I'm using the same LR CC but with the latest updates. Talking about the Tether Plug-in I'm using the same because it hasn't change for a while.
I think the problem is related to the OS system and the issue started with Catalina. Now with my new MacBook I'm running Monterey and simply does not "read" my Pentax 645Z.
Anybody knows a valid alternative or a solution top shoot tether with a Pentax 645Z, possibly using a software and not just a monitor through an HDMI?

Thanks

06-09-2022, 03:35 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There is another thread here in the medium format section that goes into a lot of detail how to successfully tether the 645z.

Perhaps scroll through the topics. I think the discussion was last year.
07-13-2022, 08:02 AM   #6

I have a MacBook Pro 16 with M1 Max and can shoot tethered using Image Transmitter 2 and a Tethertools cable. Unfortunately, the USB cable I'm using still has a USB-A connector, so I use an OTG adapter to USB-C.
So far, I have no connectivity issues, and the images appear smoothly in Capture One.
Have you double-checked that you are at the latest plugin version for Lightroom?