Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2022, 06:20 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by w2ck Quote
Sorry to hear about your eyesight. That's bad always, but extra bad for a photographer.Stan
QuoteOriginally posted by marco_gea Quote
Sorry if I came across as snarky. No hard feelings.Marco
Thank you for your comprehension. Indeed, bold characters are easier to read. I'll be 70 in two weeks and I had a rough year, healthwise. I'm glad I can resume taking some pictures now and then and I still have to use a cane for walking short distances and a walker (I put a brown bag over my head not to be recognized then) if the distance is unmanageable with a cane or if I have to carry heavy stuff. Sorry if I "ruffled" anyone's feathers ... sometimes I get "carried away", so much so I love my Pentax cameras and lenses. I think they helped me survive year 2021 (Annus Horribilis).

Best Regards to everyone

Best 645 lens of all : the DFA 55 mm f/2.8 - get one as soon as you can, guys !

07-22-2022, 07:32 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Thank you for your comprehension. Indeed, bold characters are easier to read. I'll be 70 in two weeks and I had a rough year, healthwise. I'm glad I can resume taking some pictures now and then and I still have to use a cane for walking short distances and a walker (I put a brown bag over my head not to be recognized then) if the distance is unmanageable with a cane or if I have to carry heavy stuff. Sorry if I "ruffled" anyone's feathers ... sometimes I get "carried away", so much so I love my Pentax cameras and lenses. I think they helped me survive year 2021 (Annus Horribilis).

Best Regards to everyone

I am sorry to hear about your health issues. At age 74, I completely understand your walking issues. I use a monopod / walking stick, and take a “Q” with me for long walks with my wife {including “birding” walks}, when I needed nothing special in my 60’s.
07-23-2022, 05:40 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote

Best Regards to everyone

Hi,

Well, you can still shoot. That's obvious! However, here we are talking about health issues and you post a pic of a graveyard... My first thought is 'it isn't that bad yet!'.

Stan
07-23-2022, 07:41 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by w2ck Quote
you post a pic of a graveyard... My first thought is 'it isn't that bad yet!'.
Let's say last year was really hard psychologically too and I was a little down ... Many of my uncles and aunts are buried in this cemetery and my health situation made me "brood" a lot about life and death. Sorry about setting a "morbid" tone here but my prognostics are better than ever according to my follow-ups at the Hospital. Being told by the M.D. that I was lucky to still be alive was a shock. People I knew keep dying all around me. This is a very sharp and beautiful image, nevertheless, isn't it ! I took it just a few days after getting out of the Hospital for good on November 5th, 2021. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL !!

Best Regards

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 07-23-2022 at 07:59 AM.