Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
07-27-2022, 03:53 AM - 1 Like   #1

Just purchased a 645D and I love it, BUT for the love of GOD...

So I just got the Pentax 645D and I am pretty impressed about the images it prodces.
I've shot high-megapixel DSLRs in the past, but the tones in this old fart are out of this world.

Now - what I find annoying is that the controls for exposure and aperture are reversed from what I have used for the past 15 years. Right now the aperture control is set on the back dial and the exposure on the front, and I would like them reversed.
I've tried finding this setting in the menu but to no avail. Any idea ?

Also - after shooting a photo, is there any way I can instantly see the 100% magnification on the shot? Like a button press when I get the preview?
I use a lot of 645A manual focus lens so checking for correct focus is critical.
Right now, I get the image displayed on the screen and I can't zoom on it, unless the image goes away first, then press PLAY and then rotate de back dial, which is kind of time consuming.

Thanks a million

07-27-2022, 04:15 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums.
07-27-2022, 04:26 AM - 1 Like   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZeUndertaker Quote
So I just got the Pentax 645D and I am pretty impressed about the images it prodces.
I've shot high-megapixel DSLRs in the past, but the tones in this old fart are out of this world.

Now - what I find annoying is that the controls for exposure and aperture are reversed from what I have used for the past 15 years. Right now the aperture control is set on the back dial and the exposure on the front, and I would like them reversed.
I've tried finding this setting in the menu but to no avail. Any idea ?

Also - after shooting a photo, is there any way I can instantly see the 100% magnification on the shot? Like a button press when I get the preview?
I use a lot of 645A manual focus lens so checking for correct focus is critical.
Right now, I get the image displayed on the screen and I can't zoom on it, unless the image goes away first, then press PLAY and then rotate de back dial, which is kind of time consuming.

Thanks a million

welcome to PF and congratulations on the 645D - it's an amazing camera and still hugely capable today....

for the e-dial configuration/change you are looking for, I believe if you go into the menu system, on the 'C' tab, page 4, you'll find a listing of how the e-dials can be configured depending upon camera mode....

as far as a quick digital preview of the shot just taken, I don't believe there is a way to do that beyond what you are currently doing...
07-27-2022, 06:08 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
For the magnification of the picture taken I think it is better to turn off "instant review" and then use play button instead for playback the image and the magnify using rear dial.
I think it is possible to define 100% or something similar as the initial zoom level.

IMO the instant preview is often more annoying than helpful.

07-27-2022, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Like @pepperberry farm said, the dials can be configured and soon you'll have them just the way you want them

Welcome to PentaxForums and I hope you enjoy your 645D. I'll have one someday