Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
08-19-2022, 02:45 AM - 14 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Murray O'Neill is a legend

I was lucky enough to purchase the 6x7 Auto Bellow and slide copier, amazing piece of kit, but it came from Japan with the original manual in Japanese. Naturally I went searching for some English information so that I can use the bellows to the best effect. Well Murray, who has been the go to guru for all things close up in the Pentax world had just what I needed in the Marketplace section here at a bargain price. He has collected all the manuals and brochures for the 6x7 67 and 67II as well and made them in to a downloadable file . It has all the lens brochures as well as user manuals and the quality is amazing, Thanks Murray , a real service to your fellow Pentaxians

08-19-2022, 05:25 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You know about this too?
The Pentax Bellows eBook - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
More of his fine work,
08-19-2022, 10:48 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote
You know about this too?
The Pentax Bellows eBook - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
More of his fine work,
Yes available for free right here and a great reference
08-20-2022, 03:01 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pictured above is a Pentax 67 II film body, the 67 bellows, a late-model P67 55mm f/4 wide-angle lens and the slide duplicator. I had to check my own lenses to ascertain the 55 mm lens used above (7 rows of rubber prongs on the focusing ring) ... LOL ! Mister O'Neill is a perfect example of the friendly, polite Canadian. I contacted him by email a couple of times and he answered diligently and graciously.

Regards

08-20-2022, 12:15 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Pictured above is a Pentax 67 II film body, the 67 bellows, a late-model P67 55mm f/4 wide-angle lens and the slide duplicator. I had to check my own lenses to ascertain the 55 mm lens used above (7 rows of rubber prongs on the focusing ring) ... LOL ! Mister O'Neill is a perfect example of the friendly, polite Canadian. I contacted him by email a couple of times and he answered diligently and graciously.

Regards
Well played/spotted, you are correct but missed out on the Bellows K dwarfed in the front

I have really enjoyed the benefits of his collecting and research into the Pentax systems and close up, emails answered promptly, I'm glad you found the same
08-20-2022, 12:43 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"Said with an affected British accent" : No serious photographer wants to be seen with less than a 645 Auto Bellows ... LOL !

08-20-2022, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Lovely rig and wonderful results too.

08-21-2022, 04:03 PM - 4 Likes   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks

Hey Gary,

Thanks for the plug and the nice comments. You probably would not know it but the 67 Slide Copier Manual I produced from scratch, using my equipment as "models". I knew what it looked like, but I could not beg, borrow, steal or buy one.

Enjoy!

Murray

Last edited by oneill; 08-28-2022 at 10:48 AM.
08-29-2022, 12:37 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks to this thread and Murray's listing on the marketplace I too have become the happy purchaser of the brochure and manual pdf set offered by Murray.

I have to say Murray has been a pleasure to deal with, and the pdf's of the manuals are very clean, well assembled and easy to follow. Murray's Pentax Macro and Close Up Guide is a treasure house of information on its own.

I am very happy with the purchase, and the information will be really helpful as I learn to use my Pentax 67 kit and slowly add to it.

Thank you Murray for the time and effort to put this together, and being prepared to sell it for a really reasonable price.

Ross
08-29-2022, 03:30 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yay, another pentaxian in the southern hemisphere, and a 67 user, glad to hear you like his work as much as me

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Thanks to this thread and Murray's listing on the marketplace I too have become the happy purchaser of the brochure and manual pdf set offered by Murray.

I have to say Murray has been a pleasure to deal with, and the pdf's of the manuals are very clean, well assembled and easy to follow. Murray's Pentax Macro and Close Up Guide is a treasure house of information on its own.

I am very happy with the purchase, and the information will be really helpful as I learn to use my Pentax 67 kit and slowly add to it.

Thank you Murray for the time and effort to put this together, and being prepared to sell it for a really reasonable price.

Ross
08-31-2022, 11:38 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ditto for me as well, Murray is a great person and valuable forum member.

Murray and I both live in the Vancouver area and have met many times exchanging Pentax gear/manuals and so on.

His wildlife photos are also second to none, grizzly bears that he shot in B.C. are my favorites.

Phil.