Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2022, 09:56 AM   #1

Film failed to advance

On a once in a lifetime shoot, my 645 failed to advance film with no sign of anything going wrong. Door locked correctly. First sign of trouble was film counter and advance continued on and on to 30 + shots. Came home to dark room and unloaded film in dark put into development process. No pictures! Horrible panic! Just strange streaking on all 16 exposures no sign of normal operation on film. Put new roll in trying to make a failure again. All little wheels and gear seems fine. Anybody, anytime seen this before. Help!!!

11-20-2022, 10:35 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I'm confused over the "film not advancing" and "strange streaking on all 16 exposures."

Perhaps you could clarify that a little and perhaps show a scan of the whole roll or at least a whole strip (including edges).
11-20-2022, 08:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I guess when you opened the back you failed to notice it was on the starting reel, not the take-up? Was the paper not properly engaged in the take-up reel?
11-22-2022, 09:31 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Burlington05401 Quote
On a once in a lifetime shoot, my 645 failed to advance film with no sign of anything going wrong. Door locked correctly. First sign of trouble was film counter and advance continued on and on to 30 + shots. Came home to dark room and unloaded film in dark put into development process. No pictures! Horrible panic! Just strange streaking on all 16 exposures no sign of normal operation on film. Put new roll in trying to make a failure again. All little wheels and gear seems fine. Anybody, anytime seen this before. Help!!!
I wish there was a way to prove film was traveling properly

---------- Post added 11-22-22 at 10:20 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
I guess when you opened the back you failed to notice it was on the starting reel, not the take-up? Was the paper not properly engaged in the take-up reel?
I thought it was impossible to miss load the film ( one way sprocket dogs ( ratchet )