12-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And the last three...

Attached Images

12-30-2008, 06:19 PM   #17
Banned

Original Poster
those are great, and likely better than my first will end up! what I really like though is that you were able to get great photos hand held on the move like that. I plan on doing a lot of portraits and such in a lot of my local squares without using MLU I see that is more than possible. I also am pleased to see that you used the 90mm, as that is what I think I will purchase. I was recommended the 105 and I think that I will want to have just wider than normal so 90 is a good choice. thank you, I think you have given me a little confidence in my endeavor!
12-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
those are great, and likely better than my first will end up! what I really like though is that you were able to get great photos hand held on the move like that. I plan on doing a lot of portraits and such in a lot of my local squares without using MLU I see that is more than possible. I also am pleased to see that you used the 90mm, as that is what I think I will purchase. I was recommended the 105 and I think that I will want to have just wider than normal so 90 is a good choice. thank you, I think you have given me a little confidence in my endeavor!
You're welcome and thanks for the nice comments! Make sure you get the wooden grip, it's very useful for doing hand held stuff. And fast film like Tri-x helps too, of course
12-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #19
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Boucicaut Quote
You're welcome and thanks for the nice comments! Make sure you get the wooden grip, it's very useful for doing hand held stuff. And fast film like Tri-x helps too, of course
The Tri-X is a no brainer for me, I normally use Tri-X and Ilford HP5 & Delta 400 with my 35mm's. I have thought about the grip, Adorama apprently has a few but I havent had much success at tracking one down at a decent price.

12-31-2008, 03:13 AM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
The Tri-X is a no brainer for me, I normally use Tri-X and Ilford HP5 & Delta 400 with my 35mm's. I have thought about the grip, Adorama apprently has a few but I havent had much success at tracking one down at a decent price.
Yep, Tri-x likely will be my mainstay as well. I have a couple rolls of Tri-x (both 120 and 35mm) and Tmax400 that I exposed at 800. They are waiting to be sent out for push processing (no darkroom yet). Depending on the results I may start regularly exposing both at 800 or 1600 for hand held stuff. Should be able to stay above the shutter speeds that cause problems with mirror and shutter slap. I've also started to practice using the MLU even when hand held. It doesn't seem too difficult to do but depends on the scene of course.