Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
01-21-2023, 11:24 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Of course you are! And I'm sure you know what we're talking about now.
oh yeah! it's wonderful! ......did not exactly know what i'd get but a general idea it would be better.......there's nothing like shooting with the 6x7 but film n processing cost a bunch n getting something instantly is too damn cool....granted its not the same but way closer than FF...........starting on a crop body then to FF i could see the added what i'll call 'texture' like the dof had dof.....FF to MF another jump of the dof having dof......difficult to articulate but there is just more room/space for whats in focus and whats oof to blend together and work its magic

01-22-2023, 05:04 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
.....never thought I would ever own a 645z kit
When the 645z was released, I shortly asked myself if it was for me, and my answer was clear and immediate "no, way too expensive"
Now, my answer is "humm, interesting, maybe, how do I combine my FF kit with MF, what FF lenses should I sell, what MF lenses should I buy?"

Newer high end full frame cameras sell at the same prices as medium format, even more expensive for some flagship FF models.
So now, the price difference is not huge, it's more a matter of shooting priorities, more image quality slower shooting of MF over more versatility and AF performance of FF.
01-22-2023, 07:47 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
When the 645z was released, I shortly asked myself if it was for me, and my answer was clear and immediate "no, way too expensive"
Now, my answer is "humm, interesting, maybe, how do I combine my FF kit with MF, what FF lenses should I sell, what MF lenses should I buy?"

Newer high end full frame cameras sell at the same prices as medium format, even more expensive for some flagship FF models.
So now, the price difference is not huge, it's more a matter of shooting priorities, more image quality slower shooting of MF over more versatility and AF performance of FF.
All true. I chose K1 over 645Z knowing that I gave up a little extra resolution for more versatility in lens choices. I knew 645Z was and still is the king of dynamic range but K1 is not too far behind. Ultimate test was seeing huge prints from my K1. I had the Epson 44" printer at the time and printed plenty of 40"x60" prints from K1 files with stunning detail and color. I think the main difference now is the aspect ratio of the two, 2x3 of the K1 vs. 3x4 of the 645Z.
01-23-2023, 05:09 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think that APS K-3III + 645z is a perfect match. I have a 645NII and a full set of 645 lenses from the film days. I plan to add a used 645z at some point...

01-23-2023, 05:23 AM   #20
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I think that APS K-3III + 645z is a perfect match. I have a 645NII and a full set of 645 lenses from the film days. I plan to add a used 645z at some point...

this is exactly where I'm at - adding a 645D to my APS-C camera line up is perfect for me....