Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2023, 07:39 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax 645Z camera setup

Looking to set up the AF and Focus point for my portraits. Is there a certain way to do this as compared to the User manual
Also, using the Rear button for AF instead of the pressing the shutter release button. Just need to know : Once you press the rear button to AF do you have to hold the button in while pressing the shutter release button to take the picture ? Thank you.
When using LR classic which profile is better to use for the Z images? Thank you

02-03-2023, 11:33 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
With back button focus, when you push it, it will refocus. When you let go, the focus does not change.
If you hold down the button while moving around the frame, the camera will keep refocusing, otherwise consider it a one and done type of thing. Good luck
02-03-2023, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you Mike
02-03-2023, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As for the profile, I used a Colorchecker and Xrite's software to make my own. But it's more attuned to landscape than portraits. Just depends what you're trying to do.

02-03-2023, 04:56 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Mike SF is a leader here about the Z operations---look for his work on the medium format images forum here. As for the profiles, I know someone made some and I think I even bought them, but I've never used them. In my work I have to go with color checker because I need accuracy. For my personal work I don't really have a complete profile, because I feel like it's image to image. Best I can say is that I have worked out a basic profile myself that I then tweak as needed. The "profile" has sharpening, clarity, saturation, vibrance settings for the most part, and some more maybe. I'd have to open up LR to see....

But mainly I think you should make your own that suit you.
02-03-2023, 07:06 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I appreciate the responses and suggestions.
02-07-2023, 06:03 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you

02-11-2023, 10:19 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sorry, I was away a few days. To add to the color calibration discussion, It's best to make your own as Oakland Rob does. The next best solution is to purchase 3rd party color profiles. I've purchased a few different brands for my last 3-4 cameras, but seem to get the best results with Huelight profiles. That's not the name of the website and I don't have it off the top of my head, but it's been discussed here in the forums before if you are able to search. They are quite inexpensive and easy to load into Adobe Camera Raw, etc.
Every sensor is different, so applying a calibration profile can improve your results.

Good luck!

---------- Post added 02-11-23 at 09:22 AM ----------

Camera Profiles - Color Fidelity

Try that.
02-12-2023, 06:25 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you. I will look into that and Maybe try my own. I appreciate it Dennis