Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2023, 10:40 AM   #1

Pentax 645 Grip Battery Terminal & Holder

Picked up an untested/broken 645 and before I can test it, I'm in need of some battery grip repair advice.
Per my attached photo, you can see a battery terminal within the grip is bent, which appears to have been the source of the following problems. How can I bend the contact back? Pressing down on it does not work. Can I glue the bottom of the contact to the plastic grip holder?
Because that contact was lifted, someone put the battery tray in and the terminal basically ripped it to shreds/got stuck within the tray and ripped it to shreds upon removal.
Best way to repair this? See attached photo for the state of the battery tray, I know there are 3d printed versions out there but none of the battery contacts are clear with how to install on the 3d print version. How can I just get temporary battery connections? A detailed write up would be very appreciated.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 12  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 12  Photo 
02-07-2023, 02:39 PM   #2
Forum Member

Hi, I have a similar issue with my camera.
My holder is cracked but not broken, so the camera is fully usable for now.
Last week I asked a friend of mine to 3D print a new battery holder, not the usual 6xAA, but a converted version that will require 2x9V.
After a bit of sanding the piece fits well (there's a gap on the side but we will probaby print it again). In the next couple of days he will complete the wiring, I believe in the converted model is quite straight forward.

This is the link to the 3D part
There's also a traditional 6 battery version from the same user

I will keep you posted if you are intrested

Last edited by elvbel; 12-20-2023 at 05:52 PM.
02-07-2023, 06:28 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks! Actually since I posted this I 3D printed both AA & 9v battery trays on my printer in PETG. The AA fits perfectly and I got a pretty successful print going, the 9V tbd. I actually used a 9v to test the grip and it works though I have no lens on and my camera isn’t firing. Settings adjustments work. Anyway I think I know how to wire up the 9v in the battery tray, just need the parts. Disappointed that both models don’t have a bezel surface for the leatherette to be transferred. Seems that was lost in the design somewhere.