Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax 645D in "Chasseur d'Images" April Issue

Well, looks like it is getting closer to a reality, as "Chasseur d'Images" Magazine April 2007 issue is showing it. This is the number "1" Photography magazine in Europe. This is the classic procedure as I have seen it in the past with other camera introductions. Kodak 31.6 mega pixel sensor CF and SD card slots and very large viewing screen. I have attached the article from the issue.

Last edited by benjikan; 04-10-2007 at 03:30 PM.
03-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Looks like they are finally taking it out from under the glass ...
There are a lot of people waiting for this camera ... I sincerely hope it reflects the kind of build and image quality the maket segment it's intended for will demand of it.
This camera could continue Pentax's re-emergence as a serious contender.

Cheers and thanks for the info ...
03-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

rough translation to English

copied and pasted from Babelfish free translator:

The race with the pixels be simpler when large sensors are used. Simpler, but not more economic because, they is well known, the sensors geants coutent extremely expensive. In order to answer waiting of the professionels has, Pentax currently works on its next numerical format means. Its name is without surprised: 645 DIGITAL.
Its caracteristiques is also without surprise, since a version of this aircraft has already has ete montree has the last autumn, during Photokina of Cologne. What is new, in this future Pentax 645 DIGITAL, it is the use of a Kodak sensor of 31,6 megapixels!
The apparatus will be compatible with the already existing range of the objectives Pentax SMC 645, which should charm the already existing customers.
The storage of the images will be done on various types of charts, since two "slots" are integres, compatible with the CC/CompactFlash charts like with the SD Card. The exact price and the date of marketing of this little marvel are not yet advertisements. Patience!
03-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Aircraft? Now there's a feature I never would have expected.

03-24-2007, 08:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Thanks for the info, Ben. For the translation as well, Khardur!
03-24-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

yeah, well - I left the translation as-is, because I don't know more than a few simple words in French.

Those online translators are good enough to get by in a pinch, I suppose!

-Dan
03-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #7

"objective" would be the lens. Apparel Photographque or however it's spelled, is the camera. Since they left out the "photographique" part, it turned into an aircraft.

Babelfish is in the true tradition of Douglas Adams. Try translating something from English into another language, and then translating it back. It's almost as funny as the Guide!

03-26-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
cyg

Translation

Pentax 645 Digital
31.6 megapixels !

The pixel race is simpler with large sensors. Simpler but not more economical; as everyone knows, giant sensors are costly.
In order to address the needs of professionals, Pentax is currently working on its forthcoming digital medium format. Its name is not a surprise: 645 Digital.
Characteristics are not surprising either, as a version of this camera was already shown last fall, during the Photokina in Cologne.
What is new in the coming 645 Digital is that it uses a Kodak 31.6 megapixels sensor!
The camera will be compatible with the existing line of Pentax SMC 645 lenses, which should please existing customers.
Images will be saved on different types of cards, as two slots are present, compatible with CC/CompactFlash cards as well as SD cards.
The exact price and availability of this little jewel have not been announced yet. Patience!

---

[nothing new here it seems]
[Sorry I just can't stand MT output sometimes]